Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 198

Thread: TiLite ZRa S2 - All things Back Rest Related

  1. #51
    Has anyone yet got their updated parts for their chair?

    I'm still waiting, which is crazy. Tilite sent the wrong parts to the dme (wrong inner diameter on the new brackets). I guess the titanium and aluminum have different sizes.
    Also since had both end break on the carbon fibre release bar.

  2. #52
    not yet. my new zr2 has been sitting in our loft. got it in july and maybe ran it 3 weeks total. that back is a big issue.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

  3. #53
    Senior Member tooley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    1,561
    the vendors up here won't even order them, good thing TiLite is still making the series1.

    glad I never got one..

  4. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    the vendors up here won't even order them, good thing TiLite is still making the series1.

    glad I never got one..
    Is it motion specialties that you have in Alberta? Because I've had my share of troubles with motion.

  5. #55
    what's the problem retrofitting the ZR1 backrest into future manufactured ZR2?it is surely a design fail, what's the point of using the current one?

    i still dont understand...TR,ZR1,ZRA1 and aero Z shares the same backrest hinge, why cant ZR2/ZRA2?
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

    Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

  6. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by K-dog View Post
    Has anyone yet got their updated parts for their chair?

    I'm still waiting, which is crazy. Tilite sent the wrong parts to the dme (wrong inner diameter on the new brackets). I guess the titanium and aluminum have different sizes.
    Also since had both end break on the carbon fibre release bar.
    hi

    So far I received 2 sets of back pivot replacement parts through Sportaid (as i'm an international customer). The first set didn't fix the back issue although it got the back to lock in place but still it had a lot of free movement in upright position.
    The second set received only 2 weeks ago with parts that look exactly the same, fixed the back issue completely - no slack what so ever. but only time will tell .
    I have ZRA series 2 with standard release bar .

    by the way, with the first set Ti also sent me an apology letter, printed instructions on replacing the back pivot (no tools though!) and a t-shirt.

  7. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by tomer View Post
    ... and a t-shirt.
    No that was a T-Shirt, its a bandage for your head in case the back fails again

    BTW, welcome to the forum.

  8. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by nia adha View Post
    what's the problem retrofitting the ZR1 backrest into future manufactured ZR2?it is surely a design fail, what's the point of using the current one?

    i still dont understand...TR,ZR1,ZRA1 and aero Z shares the same backrest hinge, why cant ZR2/ZRA2?
    When the Series 2 chairs went into production I inquired here about the possibility of retrofitting the new back angle hardware onto my Series 1 ZR. (This was before all the horror stories about the new hardware began to emerge.) SCI_OTR quickly pointed out that that would not be possible because the hole spacing on the frame is different on the Series 2.

  9. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    When the Series 2 chairs went into production I inquired here about the possibility of retrofitting the new back angle hardware onto my Series 1 ZR. (This was before all the horror stories about the new hardware began to emerge.) SCI_OTR quickly pointed out that that would not be possible because the hole spacing on the frame is different on the Series 2.
    but of course they can redesign the hole spacing right?

    owh no.they dont need to redesign, just use the existing design....

    but then, i'm really glad the problem is solved...

    **then why is fuentejps' zr2 sitting in the loft? :|
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

    Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

  10. #60
    the prob isnt solved nia. they are redesigning the entire back mech. the updated hardware fails too.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Similar Threads

  1. Adjusting foot rest height on Tilite ZRA?
    By Curt Leatherbee in forum Equipment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-15-2010, 12:55 PM
  2. Quickie ti for sale with roho back rest
    By unity_c7 in forum Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-08-2010, 06:22 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 10:31 PM
  4. Back Pain - Cushion - Back Rest
    By KING-KONG in forum Care
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-08-2006, 11:34 PM
  5. Help I hate my J2 back rest
    By nevada in forum Equipment
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-05-2004, 08:45 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •