Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: TiLite ZRa S2 - All things Back Rest Related

I've been waiting over a month and a half to get my replacement parts,

It's been almost since day one since ive had the chair the backrest has been an issue. And now the carbon fibre release bar has broken at one end.
    Very frustrating.

I have it directly from TiLite that the new redesigned entire hinge mechanism will be ready mid January and I suggest you make contact via your suppliers and make sure you are going to get one.
    I have agreed a more radical solution with TiLite to address all the troubles I have had (well documented in this thread and elsewhere) but I feel it inappropriate to state what that is in public at this time.
    Suffice to say I am impressed with the course of action they have agreed to take with me and I have a renewed faith in the Company, however the jury is out until I finally work through all this and that will be another 3 months or so.

Get in touch with them and demand the new hinge mechanism, it deals with broken bolts, wobbly backs and loose back release bar parts all in one.

Good luck to you all and I'll reveal what they did for me at a later date.

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh Colin View Post
    Suffice to say I am impressed with the course of action they have agreed to take with me and I have a renewed faith in the Company, however the jury is out until I finally work through all this and that will be another 3 months or so.
    Great to hear everything appears to be on the right path!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I just emailed TiLite regarding this & other matters.
    It is harder for us international customers to experience any customer service than US customers.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    From my archives. . .

I'd love to do that, why they don't make an option for something like this is beyond me.
    Most everything I say is

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWheelz View Post
    I'd love to do that, why they don't make an option for something like this is beyond me.
    The photo was emailed to me years ago from Mark Westphal, a customer service rep at TiLite. I forget exactly in response to what question he sent it, but it was the first time I saw a CF camber bar on a TiLite. I asked then if I could get one, but was told it was essentially a one-off. I inquired about it again a few years later and was told that there were no plans to go into production with them. Either he didn't know or just wasn't fessin' up. Point being, they did have plans to offer them. Perhaps the same holds true for this fixed-back design. So, while it may not be an option listed on their order form, it should be a request that they can easily accommodate. Looks like a no-brainer to me, but they'll charge you a fortune for it, of that I'm certain. Why? Because they're TiLite.

Well that name does sound familiar, but just because my DME guy sent me an email this morning of the email he sent this morning to Mark relating to this issue and the email I had sent him yesterday about this damn bolt shearing off again. So he obviously knows who Mark is. At this point I'd just like to have the chair fixed/workin the way it's supposed to be. I went back to my old ZRA, but it's feelin like a tank since it's a inch longer/wider and the front end is 80 degree's. Was bumping into shit all day.
    Most everything I say is

Do you guys have to go through these DME's you keep mentioning? Can you not contact Tilite direct?

Tilie doesn't do direct sales or service. Their presence here on CC is as close as it has gotten, which is a step in the right direction. Dealer lock in is a poor business practice, IMO, particularly with experienced chair users who don't need the "value added" support of a dealer...or anyone who doesn't want it because most Dme shops are worthless. They could sell cheaper directly, too. Might have to if insurance starts turning away from titanium reimbursement, God help them if the VA does the same thing.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    Tilie doesn't do direct sales or service. Their presence here on CC is as close as it has gotten, which is a step in the right direction. Dealer lock in is a poor business practice, IMO, particularly with experienced chair users who don't need the "value added" support of a dealer...or anyone who doesn't want it because most Dme shops are worthless. They could sell cheaper directly, too. Might have to if insurance starts turning away from titanium reimbursement, God help them if the VA does the same thing.
    yup...