Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: TiLite ZRa S2 - All things Back Rest Related

If you could you use a fixed-back chair, I'd ask for an exchange. It's possible that yours could be converted into one.

Stephen, the thing is that I am not sure about the optimum seat back angle as the dump for the new chair is different from my current one. I may want to play around with that. That is the reason I am going for the ZRA.
    C5-C6 ASIA C - October 15, 1984
    Tilite ZRA Series 2
    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
    Living One Day At A Time
    www.petertan.com/blog/

Hmm well I got the replacement hardware kit a couple of weeks ago, it consisted of 3 bolts for each side, so 6 bolts total. That was it, no washers, no nuts for the bolts that need em, just 6 bolts in a bag. I changed mine out 2 weeks go.

Since then the play in the back has still been there and very noticeable. It hasn't wanted to lock in place, I have to manually lock it and then today the bolt that had sheared off on me before did so again with the replacement bolt.

So for me so far, I've had the pin come out that isn't supposed to come out, but after me hammering it back it hasn't came back out at all. The bolts constantly needing to be tightened every few days(have used loc tight), the back always having a bit of play in it that has gotten worse over time, a bolt that sheared off, received replacement kit from TI that was same bolts with different heads on em, used replacement kit, back just as wobbly if not more so, won't lock into place on it's own, bolt that sheared off before sheared off again.

At this point I would love to exchange mine for a fixed back, but I can't see Ti taking my chair back and giving me a completely new one, I don't think there would be a way that they could convert one into fixed back that wasn't already.
    Most everything I say is

That sucks. How is it setup? Dump and back angle? Shearing off steel bolts...that is some force! Maybe when the pin came loose it never really went back right?! I dunno, but what a let down. We rely on these chairs for too much to deal with stuff like this. What is the weight limit on the Series 2? Isn't it low...around 200? Wonder if it should have been 175?!?!?

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Well my setup it 2.5 inches of dump and the back is at a 2 degree angle. So pretty normal. I believe the weight limit is 250 or 265, I'm about 220. When the 2nd one went today I was just rolling down the sidewalk. Haven't been jumping curbs or going down steps or anything since I replaced the bolts with the ones sent from Ti.

If i was doing something to put force on it then I could see it happening maybe, but since I haven't been doing anything, i can't really see what's causing it other then the design.
    Most everything I say is

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWheelz View Post

At this point I would love to exchange mine for a fixed back, but I can't see Ti taking my chair back and giving me a completely new one, I don't think there would be a way that they could convert one into fixed back that wasn't already.
    I asked Ken Winward of Tilite this very question at last year's Abilities Expo in NJ. Unofficially, he ventured that a folder could be converted to a fixed back. Looking at my 2005 ZR, I don't see how that could be done without losing seat depth. . . however, a non-welded, non-folding fixed back could be adapted with tubing that telescopes inside the seat frame tubing.

This is doable, Kevin.

From my archives. . .

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWheelz View Post
    Well my setup it 2.5 inches of dump and the back is at a 2 degree angle. So pretty normal. I believe the weight limit is 250 or 265, I'm about 220. When the 2nd one went today I was just rolling down the sidewalk. Haven't been jumping curbs or going down steps or anything since I replaced the bolts with the ones sent from Ti.

If i was doing something to put force on it then I could see it happening maybe, but since I haven't been doing anything, i can't really see what's causing it other then the design.
    I'd be pissed, you seem to be keeping your cool, my hat's off to you. I hope you get it sorted, ASAP.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    From my archives. . .

I really like this design. Its an option on Per4max everyday and sport chairs.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    I'd be pissed, you seem to be keeping your cool, my hat's off to you. I hope you get it sorted, ASAP.
    Oh, I'm plenty of upset about it, I've just never seen a case where some one getting all torn up and mad over something has helped to resolve an issue any faster. I have to much other stuff going on in life to let it be effected by this issue, which it would be if I got all bent out of shape.
    Most everything I say is