Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: TiLite ZRa S2 - All things Back Rest Related

if a brand new car had this issue with the driver seat there would be a class action lawsuit.

Just installed my new hardware last night. Seems to be fine, no play in backrest.

Good news Skogy,
    I've had a couple of messages from TiLite and their person who handles the UK is supposedly monitoring my case so hopefully I'll get the new bits soon and then, if you'll excuse the pun, I can put this whole episode behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh Colin View Post
    Good news Skogy,
    I've had a couple of messages from TiLite and their person who handles the UK is supposedly monitoring my case so hopefully I'll get the new bits soon and then, if you'll excuse the pun, I can put this whole episode behind me.
    I hope to see you get this behind you, too. I can't believe those pins are coming out on yours like that. Mine seem secure, will monitor them for a few weeks and let you know if I have any problems.

I do have to say I have had good communication with TiLite regarding any issues I have had.

A friend of mine has received the new hardware and the problem was solved.

I went to my DME about my backrest last Tuesday. I have only received my new chair the week before. Finally heard back from the dme and he said tilite is sending an update kit. He also said he doesn't know how long it's going to be before they receive it. You would think they would expedite this.

This is a brand new chair and do not understand why they wouldn't update the chair before it left the factory! As if being in a chair isn't frustrating enough especially when you are new to life in a chair.

Hopefully all the other people that have these chairs in the works of receiving them has the update already applied to it.

Once I get the updated parts I'll keep everyone posted
    Last edited by K-dog; 11-18-2010 at 09:39 PM. Reason: Mispell

And another bit's broke!

Well just to make sure I'm keeping up with the program the head of one of the bolts has now sheared off just as identified by Texas Wheels in his 3 month review of his ZRa S2.
    Good to know I got the quality parts he did.

Loose pins x 3 times
    Sloppy Back
    Sheared bolt
    ...and counting

Still waiting for the retrofit, maybe by the time it comes my backrest will be lying on the floor!

Colin, any further update on this issue?
    C5-C6 ASIA C - October 15, 1984
    Tilite ZRA Series 2
    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
    Living One Day At A Time
    www.petertan.com/blog/

Still not fixed!!!

Still waiting! I was told by my supplier here in the UK that a specific named Lady from TiLite (not our member here) would call me to apologise in person and to discuss when the solution would be available and so far No Contact, over 1 week has passed.
    My understanding is a complete new mechanism is being manufactured - a mixture between the Series 1 and 2 designs and it will fix everything, supposedly!.
    No one seems to have a date for this although I'm told I will be the first one in the UK to receive the new parts.
    Just to add further insult I was sitting in the house doing nothing when the left tire just went bang, these wheels have barely covered 2 or 3 miles so it's hardly wear and tear.
    Sounds to me like I got one of those "Jinxed" chairs or unlucky ones, does not bode well for the future.
    Personal feeling right now is I wish I had not gone for TiLite, I have a Quickie Argon I got almost the same time and it's been great. I should probably have gone for the Q7 (Helium) but what to do now? hard to back track.
    I'll keep you all posted as the SAGA continues!!!

Perhaps you should exorcise it to rid it of the jinx?

Jokes aside, thanks Colin for the update, or lack of it. I am awaiting the drawing from Tilite. I hope they solve it fast. Would be so much trouble to get it fixed with me so far away.
    C5-C6 ASIA C - October 15, 1984
    Tilite ZRA Series 2
    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
    Living One Day At A Time
    www.petertan.com/blog/