Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: TiLite ZRa S2 - All things Back Rest Related

Then consider the DME mark up and it's even worse.

They force you to go through largely incompetent dealers and the only net effect for the customer is the price is higher so the middle man can get his piece of the pie, too.

Oh yeah, and whether or not you enjoy your Tilie (and will buy one again) can have more to do with your experience with the DME than the chair itself.

If I were TiLite the LAST thing I'd would do is to give up control of my customers experience getting, using, and servicing my chairs.

DME's are typically opportunistic and ignorant. I know several chair users who've left TiLite behind for this very issue.

I don't understand why they don't want to own the customer experience, as well. They care more (assumption) and at least equipped to do it better than the sleazy used car salesman DMEs around here.

Quote Originally Posted by funklab View Post
    God TiLite is a huge PITA to deal with. I guess i got one of the last ones to be shipped out with the shitty back hardware. I call up tilite to get the replacement parts, and they tell me I HAVE to go thru my DME. They say they didnt sell ME a chair, they sold it to my barely competent DME.

What kind of garbage is that???

Tilite makes a decent chair, but they seem to go out of their way to make it difficult for you to own/maintain/fix one. I will have to think really hard before buying my next chair.... and then buy a quickie

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    I don't understand why they don't want to own the customer experience, as well. They care more (assumption) and at least equipped to do it better than the sleazy used car salesman DMEs around here.
    You've hit the nail on the head there. When you go to the TiLite (TiShite as I call them) there's a long list of Customer Service reps who are ready to ignore your problems and redirect you back to your shoddy supplier at the slight sniff of a problem.

For the 2 users here from TX, did you get your problems fixed?

I just ordered a ZRA2 today (a welcome upgrade from my EVO of the last 4 years).

I don't use the sling back that comes with the chair by default. I use custom seating due to Scoliosis and pressure problems.

I just got 4 new bolts from Tilite to replace the ones I got on my backrest hinge, pretty sure I still got the old design on it, should I call them and ask for the new ones?

Quote Originally Posted by EAK View Post
    I just got 4 new bolts from Tilite to replace the ones I got on my backrest hinge, pretty sure I still got the old design on it, should I call them and ask for the new ones?
    Yes, dam right you should.

You received the bolts as part of an official "field correction" involving all ZR/ZRA Series 2 chairs having the hinge designs shown in this pic...

Instead of replacing it with the current hinge design, they are providing longer bolts for the stop studs that reinforce each other with a connecting plate. The underlying concept is similar to the current hinge design and should address the problem with the stops studs coming loose...

This is an official field correction, so anyone who has one of the earlier backrest hinge designs should be contacted by their dealer.

EAK, did you receive any information why they sent you the bolts?

Yes I'll attach the letter they sent with it. They also had the instructions on how to change them out.
    Guess I should contact Scott at BikeOn to see if he could get it for me.

Sorry about the size of the pics.
    Last edited by EAK; 08-07-2011 at 08:27 PM.

Well just thought I'd let you all in on the progression of the Tilite Backrest saga.
    My hinge locking mechanism gave up about 2 months ago and the alloy flanges all buckled and it jammed.
    TiLite changed it free of charge.
    2 weeks ago it started to bend again. Advised on Monday that they are going to completely replace both hinge mechanisms again.
    Just goes on and on and on, doesn't it!!!
    EC

How did you manage to get that to bend like that?? That's crazy.

Wow, that was pretty bad.