Page 14 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: TiLite ZRa S2 - All things Back Rest Related

from eyeonTi

"Updated Backrest Bracket on all ZR|ZRA and Aero Z Series 2 Chairs!

A redesigned backrest bracket is now shipping on all ZR|ZRA and Aero Z Series 2s. This new bracket incorporates the frequently requested link plate design for back angle adjustment from the ZR/ZRA Series 1 and locates it on the outer side of the bracket for convenient adjustment. It also maintains the slim profile of the original Series 2 bracket for an unparalleled range of unobstructed Center of Gravity adjustment. It is the best of both worlds!"
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

If he doesn't, go somewhere where they will ICE. Most DME's want us to go with a Quickie cause they get a bigger cut for themselves. They don't care what's best for us they just want to line their pockets. TO them a chair is a chair; we won't know the difference.

For myself, I will never go back to a Quickie except perhaps their Allcourt. Even then, I think I'd go with the Paul Schulte Top End instead.

Don't let him tell you that your insurance or whatever you are using won't buy a Ti. If he does, the I'd look elsewhere as fast as you can. And, let him know exactually why you won't be dealing with him.

maybe im stupied for asking this question but what is a DME

DME refer's to the people that you go through to get Durable medical equipment.
    Most everything I say is

Quote Originally Posted by iceman381 View Post
    Sounds good guys. Definitely going Tilite...assuming my friggen quickie pushing DME can actually locate one for me to demo.
    Don't be so quick to pin it on your DME. I had a hell of a time getting a Ti loaner to demo and then it had to be returned so it could be shared among 5 hospitals.

Never saw the Ti regional rep either but Invacare shows up at EVERY wheelchair seating clinic.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Quote Originally Posted by dispatchjen View Post
    maybe im stupied for asking this question but what is a DME
    There's no such thing as a stupied question.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Thanks Stephen - being reminded of this feels very supportive. I'm new to CC and am shopping for a new chair. I've have been reading a lot of threads (chairs, specs, measurements, cushions, backs, etc.) and have learned more here than I have from my physiatrist, OT, PT, orthotist and DME combined. Peoples' willingness to ask and answer questions big and small just really helps to sort things out and lighten the burden.
    Do not confuse silence with consent or fatigue for indifference.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    *snort*

Sucks that we've got to keep bringing this thread back, but.... This time it's the back upholstery, I went with the corbac, which is just barely a level above the normal sling back upholstery. Well over the weekend it ripped along the seam that goes over the back pole so that there is no way for it to stay tight.. I've had back upholstery go bad before and have had plenty of them rip, but never in such a short time (I received my chair in August). Just another mark added up against Ti in my book that the damn sewing can't even hold up.

I did of course call them and they(Mark) did of course direct me back through the DME I ordered the chair for to contact them regarding getting a replacement since all parts are under warranty for a year. So now I have ripped back upholstery and cracked solid seat pan to add to all the other back hardware issues that have been discussed here.

I'm of course worried about what happens in Sept. when it's been longer then a year and the sewing fails again, or another seat pan cracks or/and another flexrim pulls apart.... I have to say a year ago Ti was my favorite chair company, but I've had a bitter taste in my mouth after getting this series 2.
    Most everything I say is

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWheelz View Post
    Sucks that we've got to keep bringing this thread back, but.... This time it's the back upholstery, I went with the corbac, which is just barely a level above the normal sling back upholstery. Well over the weekend it ripped along the seam that goes over the back pole so that there is no way for it to stay tight.. I've had back upholstery go bad before and have had plenty of them rip, but never in such a short time (I received my chair in August). Just another mark added up against Ti in my book that the damn sewing can't even hold up.

I did of course call them and they(Mark) did of course direct me back through the DME I ordered the chair for to contact them regarding getting a replacement since all parts are under warranty for a year. So now I have ripped back upholstery and cracked solid seat pan to add to all the other back hardware issues that have been discussed here.

I'm of course worried about what happens in Sept. when it's been longer then a year and the sewing fails again, or another seat pan cracks or/and another flexrim pulls apart.... I have to say a year ago Ti was my favorite chair company, but I've had a bitter taste in my mouth after getting this series 2.
    Sorry to hear that the saga continues, Kevin. Did TiLite send you a replacement seat pan? How's the paint finish holding up?