Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: TiLite ZRa S2 - All things Back Rest Related

Smile

The new replacement back hardware from TiLite for my ZRA S2 more sturdier and works much better. No more freeplay.
    L1 Burst Fracture Incomplete
    19th February 1998
    TiLite ZRA Series 2 01/31/2011
    New Design Back Hardware replaced by TiLite 03/28/2011

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    x2

You just have to know how to order the "CareCure Edition".
    I'm intrigued just what would constitute a "Care Cure Edition" ?

Hi all i'm another ti zra2 SUFFERER! been following this thread for a while. I have had all the same probs with hinge system falling apart, also been waiting over a month now for this famous 'new kit'! anyone got any pics of the new system fitted?

Just to add in this is a really poor show from tilite, this chair should have been tested and re tested a 100 times at least. For the cost of this chair it seems like that age old story, the rich get richer while preying on the weak!

WOW! You folks are really great. I've been shopping for a new chair and getting to the point where it was making me dizzy! Reading the threads here though has really helped me understand and sort out some things much better than I could do alone, especially with the detail you know about so many chairs and options. I have been helped so much by the expertise and willingness to share it that I find here (am new to CC). I have been following this thread about the problems with Ti's backrest on the ZRA S2 and am glad it seems to be resolved now (and happily at the point of manufacture) as I'm on the brink of ordering. Any word on the status of the problem with the camber tube pin that seems to pop out on this model? Also, does anyone know if this chair can be ordered (maybe thru Ti's Design's Unlimited - ?) with the ergonomic seat option, or is this a feature limited to Top End chairs. MANY thanks for the help!

Ti won't put an ergonomic seat on the ZRA because it is adjustable and the ergonomics change when adjusted differently.

It sounds like they havent' found a solution to the carbon fibre camber tube problem Jo. I have the Tr with the titanium c tube and like it a lot.

You really can't go wrong with either Top End or Tilite. For myself, I would be leary still of ordering the ZR or ZRA Series2; but that's just my opinion.I'm riding a Ti Tr at the moment after years and years of using a top End. Not too much difference.

I like the box frames over the open type frames in that the tubing has a smaller diameter and is usually a little lighter. The box f also has less flex.

Before you order, you may want to post it here and get some feed back. A good fitting chair makes all the difference.

clarification: ergonomic seats are available on non-adjustable TiLite chairs, like ZR and TR,, but not on adjustables like Patrick said. Ergonomic seats are not limited to Top End or TiLite; other manufacturers offer them, too. But be aware, they have a love/hate relationship with users, and no clinical evidence of their benefits/harms seems to be available.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

it's easy to make an ergonomic seat by using a wedge of foam under your cushion.

If I want an 8" long ergonomic seat, I just measure out 8" then use a level and measure from the level to the seat pan or sling. The distance between will be how thick the wedge should be in the back. Put in your cushion or under and viola, you have an ergonomic seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave79 View Post
    Hi all i'm another ti zra2 SUFFERER! been following this thread for a while. I have had all the same probs with hinge system falling apart, also been waiting over a month now for this famous 'new kit'! anyone got any pics of the new system fitted?

Just to add in this is a really poor show from tilite, this chair should have been tested and re tested a 100 times at least. For the cost of this chair it seems like that age old story, the rich get richer while preying on the weak!
    I'll post you photos of the backrest hinge mechanism in the next couple of days and also a full set of pics of the new replacement chair TiLite gave me.

The replacement ZRa pictures

Pictures of the chair as promised.

Zra Pics 2

Second set of pictures.
    I'll take some backrest photos and put them up later.