Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: TiLite ZRa S2 - All things Back Rest Related

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh Colin View Post
    Well it's been what ? 2 weeks since I got my shiny new replacement ZRa and guess what?
    The Camber Plug retaining pin is coming out! This is the one they put in to stop the plug coming out if the glue failed (As happened on Stephen 212's chair).
    I was momentarily happy there with the chair and now I have this awful feeling of Deja Vu !!

They say they will replace it completely under warranty but I'm more concerned that again I am starting with a whole new chair because of the bad luck with the last one and now this, my faith is seriously rocky.
    The cf camber tube on my chair doesn't have the retaining pins (what you're labeling -- incorrectly, I think -- a "plug") that yours does. On my chair, the actual plug was dislodging (i.e., pulling away) from the carbon fiber. The plug is glued into the camber tube and the pin is there as insurance.

Nomenclature notwithstanding, this is indeed discouraging to see.
    Last edited by stephen212; 04-06-2011 at 08:01 PM.

Thanks for correcting my language that was exactly what I was trying to say. The pin cam after and probably as a direct result of the defect you identified.

Oh boy, I just got the replacement cf tube last week. I will have to keep a close eye on it. Never ends with this chair.

My goodness, the problems are never ending....I will have to check mine and see if it is still there or if it had completely dropped off already. How can something so expensive be so poorly made I wonder...what are we paying for...???

The S2 had/has a couple of issues but overall a Ti can be spec'd in such a way as to be one of the most reliable and best performing chairs on the market, IMO.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    The S2 had/has a couple of issues but overall a Ti can be spec'd in such a way as to be one of the most reliable and best performing chairs on the market, IMO.
    A Ti S2 with a rigid backrest, titamium stem fork and camber tube, and unitines forks is an excellent chair, the problems is that you don`t choice the better options

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    A Ti S2 with a rigid backrest, titamium stem fork and camber tube, and unitines forks is an excellent chair, the problems is that you don`t choice the better options
    My ZR Series 1 came with a titanium camber tube, which worked perfectly fine. It is, however, a lot heavier than the carbon fiber camber tube they now offer. (I ordered the ti camber bar because I was informed by the salesman at the time that it was lighter than the al camber bar, which turned out to be incorrect.) If they could only figure out how to fabricate the carbon fiber camber tube assembly so that it doesn't fall apart, then they'll be onto something.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    My ZR Series 1 came with a titanium camber tube, which worked perfectly fine. It is, however, a lot heavier than the carbon fiber camber tube they now offer. (I ordered the ti camber bar because I was informed by the salesman at the time that it was lighter than the al camber bar, which turned out to be incorrect.) If they could only figure out how to fabricate the carbon fiber camber tube assembly so that it doesn't fall apart, then they'll be onto something.

much heavier? dosen`t mind, i would go for the few grames more of the titanium camber tube.

Glad I went with the Tr rather than the Zr S2. After all the fiasco, never will go back to a Zr. s2

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    x2

You just have to know how to order the "CareCure Edition".