Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: TiLite ZRa S2 - All things Back Rest Related

damn, thats like going from a porsche to a yugo. i wouldnt even shit on that q7. may i ask why??

Quote Originally Posted by TexasWheelz View Post
    As for Lorrie's question, yes I still would get another ZR if I was to order the chair again. Knowing about the current back rest issues I would have gotten a fixed back rest, however even if that wasn't an option i would order the chair again as Ti's are just that much better in my opinion then the other brands that I have had.

The back issue is not something that everyone has had. My DME bought a ZR2 also and hasn't had any issues, he's delivered several more ZR2's after mine and so far I'm the only one that has complained about it or had any issue with it....So it's not like every single person that has gotten this chair is having the same issue with them.

However with that said, I am in the processing of ordering a Q7, even though I've sworn em off years ago, but I've heard only good things about them(other then the caster setting) from people that are rolling in them. It's as much to compare the two as it anything.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrie View Post
    Who gets the CAD drawing? Is it standard or do I have to request one?
    U will get a CAD drwaing from TiLite and you ned to sign it off before they process your frame.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    u request cad, tell dme idiot no build until u sign the cad
    You get one CAD--each CAD that follows costs $75. My first CAD has some problems--if corrections and changes are made--$75
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Hmmmm thanks, the DME guy that was careless with my last order did not mention a CAD drawing.
    Today I went over measurements again with the chair guy. We were both still a bit confused by the taper issue. Now I have a 16" by 16" with 10" width footrest. It has a bend on leg rests, what is that called? I want to go for 9".

Also, I want Frog Lega but what if I am not happy with them, can I switch to the Unifork with softrolls?

I'm not thrilled with the recommended 1.5" dump for chair with emotions. Has anyone tweaked to have at least 2" or even better 2.5" dump?

Trying so hard to get this chair as perfected as possible. The last order was a disaster and a total stressful fight with the DME then my insurance.

Thanks again guys!
    "The sweet is not as sweet without the bitter"
    ~"Vanilla Sky"~

Quote Originally Posted by lorrie View Post
    today i went over measurements again with the chair guy. We were both still a bit confused by the taper issue. Now i have a 16" by 16" with 10" width footrest. It has a bend on leg rests, what is that called? I want to go for 9".
    Attachment 38812

The front end with bends is "Standard." Without bends it is "V." With the Standard, available footrest width choices are limited to 13.5" (straight down), 12" (slight bend), & 10" (obvious bend) by your 16" seat width. With the V, the footrest width choices are independent of seat width, so 9" is possible.

Choice of Standard vs V front end may affect the range of footrest height adjustment. For my AeroZ I requested TiLite include adjustment ranges on my CAD drawing. That was important to me; the ranges are not normally included.

My AeroZ has a 17x16 seat and a Standard front end with 11" wide footrest. (My grandkids love to play with my Z.)

Attachment 38813
    Last edited by chasmengr; 02-02-2011 at 03:42 AM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

What's your level of injury Lorrie? If you are higher level you definitly need more than a 1.5" dump.. if you are incomplete or lower level, say T12, a 1.5" is okay. I'm T6/7 and use a 4" and have had 'em up to 2" THe 4" really makes me sit back into the chair and gives me much better stability when leaning forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrie View Post
    With your experiences would you still order the ZRA 2? I have the opportunity of getting a new ZRA. Is the back issue so bad that you'd have stayed with the ZRA?
    I'm meeting with my DME guy tomorrow to help me with order form.
    My previous ZRA was ordered wrong so now is a fresh chance.
    Yes I am staying with the ZRA, getting a complete replacement but changing from Blue to Red this time. I believe the backrest issue will be a thing of the past and I'm going for traditional double sided casters rather than the slipstream as they do not accept any other wheels to fit because of the shaft diameter! Looks like the same designer who got at the backrest managed to get his fingers into the caster fork pie!
    I hope my decision is a correct one, you will all hear about it anyway good or bad including new pictures.

Hallelujah

Well folks I finally got my replacement Chair.
    Delivered today brand new TiLite ZRa Series 2 my second attempt. All that was Sapphire is now Red Pepper, after all I went through with the old one and the back rest, hinges etc I really wanted to throw in the towel as some of you will remember but they offered me a complete replacement and I agreed.
    It arrived this morning and I kissed good bye to the Sapphire piece of junk for ever, lets hope the curse went with it.
    Only change was I went for the standard double caster forks and the 4" x 1.5" lexan soft roll instead of the single sided fork and the performance 4" x 1" ally wheel.
    This way I can drop in ally soft rolls without any of the axle problems that we identified before.
    It's taken a long time to get here but hopefully this one will be good and hold together.
    Post photos soon.

Great to hear of your progress. I, too, sincerely hope your replacement puts TiLite's reputation back on track. Please keep us informed.

I'm looking forward to the pics!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Unbelievable even I could not have predicted this!!

Well it's been what ? 2 weeks since I got my shiny new replacement ZRa and guess what?
    The Camber Plug retaining pin is coming out! This is the one they put in to stop the plug coming out if the glue failed (As happened on Stephen 212's chair).
    I was momentarily happy there with the chair and now I have this awful feeling of Deja Vu !!

They say they will replace it completely under warranty but I'm more concerned that again I am starting with a whole new chair because of the bad luck with the last one and now this, my faith is seriously rocky.