Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920

Thread: TiLite ZRa S2 - All things Back Rest Related

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh Colin View Post
    Well just thought I'd let you all in on the progression of the Tilite Backrest saga.
    My hinge locking mechanism gave up about 2 months ago and the alloy flanges all buckled and it jammed.
    TiLite changed it free of charge.
    2 weeks ago it started to bend again. Advised on Monday that they are going to completely replace both hinge mechanisms again.
    Just goes on and on and on, doesn't it!!!
    EC
    Is it so fragile?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Has anyone had noise related issues with their TiLite ZRA S2. I love my Zra, and since I got LX's, the wheel creaking stopped(wire wheels) but my back rest makes so much noise(tension adjustable by straps) Its like the noise of an old spring matress whenever I move around or move my back. Anyone experienced this? Any solutions? Thanks

Not experienced anything like this with mine. No noises, and/or complaints here. Perhaps you just need to do some regular screw tightening, spoke tone, etc
    Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by WHEELAS416 View Post
    Has anyone had noise related issues with their TiLite ZRA S2. I love my Zra, and since I got LX's, the wheel creaking stopped(wire wheels) but my back rest makes so much noise(tension adjustable by straps) Its like the noise of an old spring matress whenever I move around or move my back. Anyone experienced this? Any solutions? Thanks
    Welcome to my world. My ZR2 is having the same issue as yours. Basically, whenever it creaks, just check for loose bolts as often there are loose bolts that require tightening. In fact, I think creaking is not exactly a bad thing as they are tell take signs that something needs tightening. However if everything is nice and tight and it still creaks, then use the oil that was provided with your wheelchair and oil the moving bits.

Quote Originally Posted by smokinn.babe View Post
    Welcome to my world. My ZR2 is having the same issue as yours. Basically, whenever it creaks, just check for loose bolts as often there are loose bolts that require tightening. In fact, I think creaking is not exactly a bad thing as they are tell take signs that something needs tightening. However if everything is nice and tight and it still creaks, then use the oil that was provided with your wheelchair and oil the moving bits.
    Lubricant oil was provided with the wheelchair?
    C5-C6 ASIA C - October 15, 1984
    Tilite ZRA Series 2
    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
    Living One Day At A Time
    www.petertan.com/blog/

To the OP -
    I recommend reading the last post of this - http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthread.php?t=159793

Hope it helps.

I still have the creaking and cracking, tightened and loosened the straps, no difference.
    My chair was good for about a year now it's terrible. I loosened the main chamber bar mounts and slid them a few inches along the main frame rails, cleaned the rails with WD40 (make sure you dry it with a clean cloth) and repositioned the bar mounts. Make sure you measure this before and after as it's your Centre of Gravity position.
    Remove the bolts and clean them also while you are doing this.
    When I did this and retightened the bolts and upholstry straps all the creaking etc was gone.
    Be really carefully though to re it things in the same place as before to maintain your settings.
    Good Luck.
    EC