Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: TiLite ZRa S2 - All things Back Rest Related

Quote Originally Posted by amyk View Post
    off topic colin, but do you normally fold down the backrest on a plane? i usually deny anything is quick-releasable or collapsable on my chair, including the rear wheels...
    All I do is take the cushion on board an fold the back, no mention of the wheels, just take the brakes off. I just figure the back is potentially going to bet twisted or something like that, probably very unlikely and they are very strong but if like this one they can flop open/closed then that risk is greatly enhanced I would have thought.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    I don't like the idea of something sticking out at this location. It's an invitation to scratch a foot/leg or get your pants caught on the bolt.
    that can`t scratch anything, even if you try to get scratched, but forget this and speak about the title of the thread lol.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Because in lasher the bolt go inside the footrest holes, in mine not, the bolt press the footplate tube, i don`t have holes in my footrest.
    No holes in the Lasher footrest on my BT-Mg, built the summer of 2008.

Uses small (one size too small) 'allen' set screw which is recessed into the frame tube. There is also some additional 'shank' or 'collar' inside the down tube which adds friction and eliminates any wiggle.

This is actually the only part of my Lasher I've ever had a problem with. I almost stripped the left one (over tightening a titanium screw in a softer Mg alloy = rookie move) so it never would stay tight, as not all the threads were damaged. I tapped it out one size bigger (don't recall off the top size).

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

I don't like the idea of something sticking out at this location. .
    Just in box frames, in cantilever frames don`t have it.

Here is what the Lasher foot rest set screws look like. Well, one Lasher and one DaleB custom. Didn't realize it was oxidizing until I flipped it over to take this picture. Ewwww.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    No holes in the Lasher footrest on my BT-Mg, built the summer of 2008.

Uses small (one size too small) 'allen' set screw which is recessed into the frame tube. There is also some additional 'shank' or 'collar' inside the down tube which adds friction and eliminates any wiggle.

This is actually the only part of my Lasher I've ever had a problem with. I almost stripped the left one (over tightening a titanium screw in a softer Mg alloy = rookie move) so it never would stay tight, as not all the threads were damaged. I tapped it out one size bigger (don't recall off the top size).

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh Colin View Post
    I have my supplier here in the UK checking, TiLite were supposed to provide me with the same chair from the ground up as the previous one that I had all the problems with except it was to be Red rather than Blue to try and exorcise the jinx that my previous one seemed to have. My previous one locked folded and as I travel a fair bit it's crucial in car loading and also airline baggage handlers and plane holds will quickly damage a back that is free to move open.

If Todd from Tilite still frequents this forum then perhaps you could chip in and confirm what Sarcastrix has told us.
    UK supplier admits TiLite built it with the wrong part! So my replacement (everything will be all right chair) is now doing the classic "waiting for new backrest hardware"!

UK supplier admits TiLite built it with the wrong part! So my replacement (everything will be all right chair) is now doing the classic "waiting for new backrest hardware"!
    Did you do something very bad in a past life?

Did you do something very bad in a past life?
    Certainly looks like I did does it not!
    I hope it was really bad and I enjoyed it a lot, because the price seems to be fairly high so far!

So my replacement (everything will be all right chair) is now doing the classic "waiting for new backrest hardware"!
    Funny enough, got an email from my dealer today saying that my 3rd or is it 4th? set of hardware is in the post ... along with a new CF camber bar, CF back release bar, seat base etc I could build a new chair with all the spare parts I have laying around.

God TiLite is a huge PITA to deal with. I guess i got one of the last ones to be shipped out with the shitty back hardware. I call up tilite to get the replacement parts, and they tell me I HAVE to go thru my DME. They say they didnt sell ME a chair, they sold it to my barely competent DME.

What kind of garbage is that???

Tilite makes a decent chair, but they seem to go out of their way to make it difficult for you to own/maintain/fix one. I will have to think really hard before buying my next chair.... and then buy a quickie