Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: TiLite ZRa S2 - All things Back Rest Related

Quote Originally Posted by Edinburgh Colin View Post
    I asked last week if the new hardware for the folding back when redesigned the lock when folded function was left out as my replacement chair only locks in the upright position. It seems that I was provided a replacement chair with the wrong lock/hinge mechanism.
    Who else has had replacement hardware supplied or fitted, or has bought the chair since it's now fitted as standard?
    Dang. I got my new hinges and they didn't lock in the folded position, I assumed they eliminated the feature until I read your post and looked at the TiLite parts breakdown. I can see now I will have to order the parts to make mine lock in the folded position. I only fold the back down when I use my hunting truck (Sept-Dec.) so I don't miss the option that much.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    What clamp would you substitute this with? Pic and link, please.

I wasn`t want to substitute the clamp, what i was saying is that would be better another way to do that, like Oracing do it for example.
    If you want another clamp you only have to do a google search for bike seat clamps, are tons of them, but are different measurements.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    I wasn`t want to substitute the clamp, what i was saying is that would be better another way to do that, like Oracing do it for example.
    If you want another clamp you only have to do a google search for bike seat clamps, are tons of them, but are different measurements.
    Lasher uses a threaded hole and a set screw on the backside of each downtube to hold the footrest in place, works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    Lasher uses a threaded hole and a set screw on the backside of each downtube to hold the footrest in place, works like a charm.
    Yes, same as Oracing

my rgk footrest was the same (bought 2000)

Yes, same as Oracing
    There isn't anything protruding in the Lasher design. The screw in inset.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    There isn't anything protruding in the Lasher design. The screw in inset.
    Because in lasher the bolt go inside the footrest holes, in mine not, the bolt press the footplate tube, i don`t have holes in my footrest.

Because in lasher the bolt go inside the footrest holes, in mine not, the bolt press the footplate tube, i don`t have holes in my footrest.
    Does that mean that the footrest height adjustment on the Lasher is in set increments? Regardless, the Lasher approach has the cleanest-looking, most streamlined down-tube/footrest junction design IMO.

I don't like the idea of something sticking out at this location. It's an invitation to scratch a foot/leg or get your pants caught on the bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Skogy View Post
    Dang. I got my new hinges and they didn't lock in the folded position, I assumed they eliminated the feature until I read your post and looked at the TiLite parts breakdown. I can see now I will have to order the parts to make mine lock in the folded position. I only fold the back down when I use my hunting truck (Sept-Dec.) so I don't miss the option that much.
    I have my supplier here in the UK checking, TiLite were supposed to provide me with the same chair from the ground up as the previous one that I had all the problems with except it was to be Red rather than Blue to try and exorcise the jinx that my previous one seemed to have. My previous one locked folded and as I travel a fair bit it's crucial in car loading and also airline baggage handlers and plane holds will quickly damage a back that is free to move open.

If Todd from Tilite still frequents this forum then perhaps you could chip in and confirm what Sarcastrix has told us.

off topic colin, but do you normally fold down the backrest on a plane? i usually deny anything is quick-releasable or collapsable on my chair, including the rear wheels...