Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: ZRA S2 Seat back height dilemma

RB - Glad to know that asking many many questions is encouraged here. Building my own rigid back is out of the question. I don't have the resources here and I am not that handy.

amyk - Will check out ADI. Thanks. I have reservations in drilling holes. Scared that the person drilling it may get it wrong. My current backrest sits below the scapula. I reckon that should be a comfortable height. Therefor I want to be sitting on the Stimulite Classic Sling with that height. When you say a flat bottom, do you mean a rigid bottom? The rigidizer bar is placed quite low down and may not be convenient for wheoever is helping me down kerbs. This backrest issue is turning out to be a major headache for me. :P

Patrick - Trying to get the back seat height right. My fear is getting the range that is too low or too high. I am in a hurry to get the ZRA too. I am so uncomfortable in this chair I am currently using.

My395 - You getting a ZRA S2 too?

sowseng - You too?
    C5-C6 ASIA C - October 15, 1984
    Tilite ZRA Series 2
    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
    Living One Day At A Time
    www.petertan.com/blog/

Quote Originally Posted by petertan View Post
    The rigidizer bar is placed quite low down and may not be convenient for wheoever is helping me down kerbs.
    I believe it's stephen who had them put his rigidizer bar higher up (and make it thicker diameter) for just this purpose? That could be something else to consider (as if your decision wasn't tricky enough already).

Quote Originally Posted by amyk View Post
    Of course, if you go for the higher range, you could probably trim the extension tubes and drill new holes as necessary. Although you should ask Tilite as there must be some reason that it is unavailable
    There is a 1" void between the two backrests due to the specific push handles you've selected. They are designed with a rivnut to attach the upholstery. This creates the limitation you're running into. I've made the note to look into a new design with overlap like the fold down push handles have.

TiLite
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

sportaid has the adi aluminium backs here: http://www.sportaid.com/adi/. i dont know if bike-on sell them, but i imagine they can do. the adi cf detail are here: http://adirides.com/carbon.html. there are details on the sling and flat bottom cushions here: http://www.sportaid.com/stimulite-cl...-xs-layer.html and http://www.sportaid.com/stimulite-cl...-xs-layer.html, but there isnt much detail. they used to have cross-section diagrams on http://www.supracor.com/ though not anymore. but if you email them they may have them on file.... otherwise, you should do a search. lots of people use that particular cushion, and it might help to hear which version they use. the sling version is curved at the bottom and is thicker. the flat is flat... like a 'regular' cushion you may be used to.

Dynahmite - This is one of the last few issues to iron out before I place the order. I will see what Tilite will do regarding this matter. Thanks.

amyk - You have been very helpful with the resources. Thank you. In the meantime, I will wait for a solution.
    Tilite ZRA Series 2
    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
    Living One Day At A Time
    www.petertan.com/blog/

Quote Originally Posted by TiLite View Post
    There is a 1" void between the two backrests due to the specific push handles you've selected. They are designed with a rivnut to attach the upholstery. This creates the limitation you're running into. I've made the note to look into a new design with overlap like the fold down push handles have.

TiLite
    Do you have a suggestion or solution to my dilemma while awaiting the redesign? Appreciate your respond and feedback.
    Tilite ZRA Series 2
    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
    Living One Day At A Time
    www.petertan.com/blog/

Peter,

my "personal" suggestion (NOT TiLite's) is to go with the medium height backrest, especially if you will be using an ADI type backrest.

Otherwise, the fold down push handles are the only option for the overlap you're looking for.

Regards.
    TiLite. The Ultimate Ride.

Quote Originally Posted by TiLite View Post
    Peter,

my "personal" suggestion (NOT TiLite's) is to go with the medium height backrest, especially if you will be using an ADI type backrest.

Otherwise, the fold down push handles are the only option for the overlap you're looking for.

Regards.
    Thanks, I will mull over this. I will mostly probably be going for the tension adjustable by straps but will check to see how low I can go without scraficing comfort and other factors.
    Tilite ZRA Series 2
    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
    Living One Day At A Time
    www.petertan.com/blog/