Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: kindle

Thanks! I will..this is a great thread for info! now I am subscribed..I hope to learn how to make it a good experience for him..though he loves gadgets --I am totally not a gadget person..I was hoping to get him some good weeklys to subscribe or newpapers..He likes "the Week" we get it at home and maybe I can get that one for kindle?
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Blog Entries
    I've had mine about 3 weeks now. I'm C5 and have no problems with the controls. Haven't tried recharging it yet, but it hasn't needed it.The built in dictionary is fun. If I run into a word I don't know like plimsoll or snickelway, I just move the cursor next to it and a definition pops up. Everything positive so far.
    Tom

"Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

Quote Originally Posted by TomRL View Post
    I've had mine about 3 weeks now. I'm C5 and have no problems with the controls. Haven't tried recharging it yet, but it hasn't needed it.The built in dictionary is fun. If I run into a word I don't know like plimsoll or snickelway, I just move the cursor next to it and a definition pops up. Everything positive so far.
    The Kindle built-in dictionary is a God send. I'm reading "The Emporer or All Maladies" a 1,000 page historical review of cancer and I need all the help that I can get. It even knows most of the medical terms.

Quote Originally Posted by douglastneidermeyer View Post
    I'm reading "The Emporer or All Maladies" a 1,000 page historical review of cancer
    Good book, listening to the Audible version myself.
    Pharmacist, C4-5 injury but functional C6 (no triceps/flexors)