Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Where/how to sell guns?

It kind of reminds me of a turkey w/ a less annoying sound, but the hens look like giant quail, kinda. How big are they? Bigger than those British pheasants? Turkey sized? KS has millions of wild turkey, dumb birds. They used to wake me up every morning, when I was the age to be hungover. (How dare they? LOL)

Plus they stand in the middle of the road, like sheep in Ireland.

Mr. Capercaille there in that video is sure strutting his stuff!

Oh, I looked it up, they're related to prairie chickens. THAT is a species I know. Almost died out, but coming back. As are jackrabbits.

Nothing better than driving a road you've driven your whole life and seeing an animal you've always heard of, but never actually seen. Invariably one of life's great WTF moments.

I like chicken... it tastes good.
    GS8

Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    It kind of reminds me of a turkey w/ a less annoying sound, but the hens look like giant quail, kinda. How big are they? Bigger than those British pheasants? Turkey sized? KS has millions of wild turkey, dumb birds. They used to wake me up every morning, when I was the age to be hungover.
    Here you go Beth.....

http://www.rspb.org.uk/wildlife/bird...lie/index.aspx

....... apparently the largest recorded weighed in at 17 lbs.

It makes me so sad when species approach extinction. Dad said, when he was growing up there were prairie chicken everywhere. The internet claims they were nearly extinct, at his date of birth.

Who to believe? Dad, of course.

I think I've eaten them but don't hunt, so have never seen any in the wild.

Grouse seem to be particularly vulnerable to changes in habitat.

Speaking of guns, I read an article in yesterday's New York Post that you can get cremated and have your ashed inserted into a bullet/shotgun shell. Seriously, WTH is up with people?

Found the story- http://www.ammoland.com/2011/07/27/h...ke-ammunition/

LOL, I saw that too. Good luck putting my titanium shinbone and neckbone in a shotgun shell, they'd have to rum me through a coffee grinder first!

I told my bro "When you go to scatter me, bring a toolbox. I'm not gonna fit in a ziploc like Mom and Del! Also, I will CLANK..."

Just saw this too Beth. Hope if you didn't get rid of the rifles yet your neighbor is keeping them for you. I remember a few years back when Dad called and wanted to know if there might be any problems selling my brother's gun. Ah, Dad, which brother? The AR-15. OK, whatever you do DON'T sell it to anyone until I get back to you. First made sure it was a pre-ban because it is a semi-automatic. Yep, Scott bought it in 1974. Then called a Colt dealer in MD and one near where Dad lives in WI. Explained to both how mint it was. Both wanted it for their private collections. Also a police chief I knew wanted it because it was what his SWAT guys used what with flash suppressor and heat shields. Called Dad back with 3 offers and if he sold to a friend or stranger he better get a police check. I suddenly had a mint 1974 AR-15 when we went to visit the following month. I knew how mint since I cleaned the thing last. And my left handed brother didn't know he was buying a rifle without a brass deflector so 60 rounds later and a nice burn on his cheek he gave up target practice. I plan on taking up target and then skeet maybe next year. Just find out exactly what you have first before selling. And I forget if it was UPS or FedEx that ships guns as lo9ng as the firing pin is shipped seperatly. Yea, I also have my younger brother's 12 guage now.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

hey timaru do you hunt any big game animals?

Quote Originally Posted by deel90 View Post
    hey timaru do you hunt any big game animals?
    No deel, the largest game we have are red deer and a few wild boar which by law can only be hunted with a fairly large caliber rifle. Because of the hoops you have to jump through to get a rifle license I stick with the shotgun, mostly wing shooting and a bit of ground game, rabbits and hares.

i heard that man i mostly hunt deer and some turkey which the turkeys have avioded me since ive started hunting them but deer season is close gotta start shootn the bow and get ready