Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Where/how to sell guns?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais View Post
    Don't ask if you're not open to an answer that will contradict your set beliefs.
    There is no such thing. It's kind of like a religion.

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
    - Barack Obama

If you need to hunt to feed your family I have no problem with that.I personally use all mine to practice just in case a crackhead,or gang banger wants to try to take advantage of the situation.I live in an area,I'm talking about the city,can be dangerous.
    Gunnslinger8

The ladies are fighting now.They are tougher and more exciting than the fellas

That was a great fight between the ladies..
    Last edited by Gunnslinger8; 07-31-2011 at 12:07 AM.

Here in Australia to legally own a gun is a privelege not a right. All guns people have here are kept in a locked safe, guns cann't be displayed on the wall, you have to licence every gun you own and no automatics or semi automatics or hand guns and carrying concealed weapon is not permitted even the police, the only gun owners are the criminal element like bikie gangs and they usually kill each other and hunters and farmers who have a legal reason to own a gun. I argue that gun ownership laws here should be even tougher. My father, an expolice officer had a gun and hadn't used it for years, and wasn't likely to, so he sold it to the government to be turned into scrap metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnslinger8 View Post
    Let's here what you have to say,is there something on your mind?I'm asking,I know what my beliefs are,let's see if contradict them.
    Gunnslinger8

Shoot!
    I don't own a gun nor do I want to, but it's your right to do the opposite. I feel just as safe as you do without one. One argument I'd make against owning one is unpredictability. Yes, it's a powerful source for protection when maybe your life is in the balance, but shit happens without a criminal coming into the home as well: suicide, murder, accidental shootings, misplacing the gun, etc.

I think the key factor one should consider when owning a gun is how dangerous is the area one lives in. If you live in a shady part of the city, then you might feel safer with one. If you live in a relatively peaceful town in the suburbs as I do, then I don't understand the fear. I'm sure as hell not going to have the gun on me all the time and unless the gun is easily accessible, the robbers have made their way into my home without my getting the gun first. Hell! I sleep so goddamn hard, the robbers are more likely to be in my home, find my own gun, and use it against me when waking me up.

Bottomline: A gun is a handy weapon, but it's not foolproof, and isn't necessarily going to work in your favor owning one.

What are you doing?trying to dig up stuff on me.
    Gunnslinger8

I'm on my iPad not a laptop...........
    Who was this directed to? I went to sleep. I don't care enough about those who own guns to do my own checks on them. It's not my business and not my job.

Quote Originally Posted by ryano View Post
    Without a doubt the most idiotic statement I have read on this board yet. and thats saying a lot.
    Why was it idiotic when she stated a fact?

Yeah,what should the disabled do,if your confronted with violence?Realistically.
    GUNNSLINGER8
    If you're disabled, you're more likely to be killed by your body then a criminal. Just saying.

Valid Point?

Okay I heard you....now I will reply.
    I don't want to takeover Bethenys thread,and have her uncomfortable about subject matter,I care and respect her too much to do that...I'm sure you would agree.
    Gunnslinger8
    You'll know where to find me!

Go to Should the disabled have their Guns taken away.
    Gunnslinger8

Once out at my Dad's...Sitting on lawn chairs in the shade, Dad, my bro, my son, my dog and me. When this HUGE, sickly, foaming at the mouth raccoon came out from under the deck, right at us.

Bro was in the house and back out w/ a shotgun in a flash, while I was trying to herd Dingo and Jake around the corner.

There wasn't really enough left of the coon to send in for testing, but the health department said 80% of them are rabid up there.

LOL, and I've been in hoods in Houston and Honduras that made ME wish I had some ammo.

I was never so glad to see a gun as when bro shot that coon. Way to go bro!
    (I need to call and tell him that, in fact. He was my hero at that moment...and he has been at other times, too.)

Gunns, where are the women fighting in this thread? I think I'm pretty tight w/ all the ladies that have posted, we just agree to disagree. Bente (aka WFE) and I can go on at length about spanking kids, for example. It's illegal in Norway, but I sometimes think kids could have used a good licking. Esp. my own!
    Last edited by betheny; 07-31-2011 at 10:50 AM.