Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Ultralight Wheelchair Wheel from Topolino

New Ultralight Wheelchair Wheel from Topolino

Topolino Technology announces the launch of the world's lightest wheelchair wheel, the CarbonCore™ WX2.5. The WX2.5 wheels employ the same proprietary technology that has established Topolino as the premier manufacturer of lightweight bicycle wheels. Based on patented designs, advanced composite materials, and cutting-edge construction methods, Topolino’s CarbonCore™ wheels are 20% lighter than the lightest wheels currently on the market. The proprietary continuous carbon spoke design yields an incredibly strong, durable, and smooth riding wheel.

The CarbonCore™ WX2.5 wheelchair wheels are available in standard 24” (540) and 25” (559) sizes, with a suggested retail price of $1,180 per set.

Topolino Joe welcomes any feedback or questions you may have!

love the wheel, but the price is just way over my budget.$600-700 is tolerable.
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

And they never mention carrying capacity (website says 250lbs... So it's no stronger than most wheels)... Also, if I looked at the website correctly, the spokes are not replaceable. That could be a big issue.
    Last edited by SirGCal; 10-28-2010 at 10:42 AM.

whoa....that is a really big issue for someone who always wheelieing down 15" curbs like me....
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nia adha View Post
    whoa....that is a really big issue for someone who always wheelieing down 15" curbs like me....
    15" curbs ? wow, the most for me is 8".
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

dont get me started....penang sucks...
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Quote Originally Posted by nia adha View Post
    Jumping off a building? I don't think people would step down a 15 inch curb.

It's okay if you're misinterpreting imperial measurements. They are, after all, imperial.

Quote Originally Posted by Topolino Joe View Post
    Topolino Technology announces the launch of the world's lightest wheelchair wheel, the CarbonCore™ WX2.5. The WX2.5 wheels employ the same proprietary technology that has established Topolino as the premier manufacturer of lightweight bicycle wheels. Based on patented designs, advanced composite materials, and cutting-edge construction methods, Topolino’s CarbonCore™ wheels are 20% lighter than the lightest wheels currently on the market. The proprietary continuous carbon spoke design yields an incredibly strong, durable, and smooth riding wheel.

The CarbonCore™ WX2.5 wheelchair wheels are available in standard 24” (540) and 25” (559) sizes, with a suggested retail price of $1,180 per set.

Topolino Joe welcomes any feedback or questions you may have!
    What are the respective weights of the 24" and 25" wheels with push rims, tubes and tires?

I believe it; we have some huge 1' and greater curbs around here too.

But ya, I have a 5" drop just to get out of my house... (no ramp yet). So I would think, especially with my weight, I'd blow those tires (at least spokes) way too easily.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    What are the respective weights of the 24" and 25" wheels with push rims, tubes and tires?
    I dunno, but their spec sheet has to have a typo.

http://www.topolinotech.com/wheelchair/wx25specs.pdf

It says 2.5lbs for a (24" 559 size).

But just above that it says available in 24" (540mm) or 25" (559mm) sizes...