Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What is your favorite Halloween trick or treat?

What is your favorite Halloween trick or treat?

Okay, Trick or Treaters.......................................... .....
    What is your favorite treat to get........
    and...what is your favorite trick??? (Wow....is this a loaded question or what?)

Happy Halloween
    and all the best,
    GJ

AND....what is a good costume for a chair?

I dressed as Superman to do the Christopher Reeve thing already.....any others?

FORGET IT....!!!

I just found the other thread.....

One lady in our neighborhood used to give jumbo Hershey bars.
    I can remember that over 40 years later but not sure what we had for supper on Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    One lady in our neighborhood used to give jumbo Hershey bars.
    I can remember that over 40 years later but not sure what we had for supper on Monday.
    Wow, I always thought I hit the jack pot, if I got a mini 3 Musketeers Bar!!!
    I really didn't like getting mini packs of Necco wafers!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MarkB701 View Post
    AND....what is a good costume for a chair?
    Baby Jane's sister.

I once saw a woman who had mounted a wooden horse head to the front of her chair, giving the image of her riding it.

We are talking candy here, right? For me a Reese's peanut butter bar is just about as close to perfect as candy can get. I know, I know, I have simple tastes...... I remember there was a lady in my neighborhood when I was a kid who preceeded the whole "eating healthy" thing and she use to give out apples. We just skipped her place after a couple of years of that......

When we were kids in the early sixties we would go out with pillowcases and when we couldn't carry them any further, we had to go home. The darn things would be about half full, no joke!

I treasured the chocolate bars (they didn't have mini bars then) from the "rich" neighborhoods. I also loved getting ju-ju-bees and bubble gum.

I hated the necco wafers too, but those great little pixy sticks and lik-m-aid made my day. I love fruit flavored candy like dots and we would even get the occasional fancy home made treats. Cupcakes and cookies and my first brownie. You could eat them in those days without worry of being drugged or poisoned.

I missed being able to take my kids out when they were younger to experience that kind of treasure hunt. By the time I had my oldest, the tradition of halloween trick or treating was coming to an end. It was rumored that there were kidnappers and poisoners on every street corner.

People began to abandon the traditional trick or treating entirely and now there are parties at the mall that a kid dresses up for that last only a few minutes and the kid goes home with a handful of candy not the pillowcase full like we used to do.

Not one kid showed up at my door for the past five years, and only one in the past eight. So sad...I miss giving my kids the freedom of fun we used to have.

No matter, I will still be prepared to give each kid that shows up a box of crayola crayons and a coloring book and a big Hershey bar. If anyone ever does show up that is.
    Anything worth doing, is worth doing to excess

Skippy,
    I want to be a kid again and come to your house for tricks or treats!!!! Oh come on now...do you really remember lik-em-aid!?!??!?!?!?!

All the best,
    GJ