Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Baby rolls off your lap and smacks the kitchen floor he's gonna be okay!

Can't seem to copy pictures but there are some videos on this page of the other type:
    http://www.lascal.se/web/BBM2_video.aspx

my fav. oh, i wish he wasn't 18 now...but yes, he wriggled off lap few times. he's fine.

Quote Originally Posted by cass View Post
    my fav. oh, i wish he wasn't 18 now...but yes, he wriggled off lap few times. he's fine.

Nice one Cass, I bet looking at that always brings a smile to your face.

How funny!I usually have one on the back and one on my lap. When their friends come over, they always ask me for a ride. Toes, feet, shins hitting the footplate... my kids are pretty tough by now too. I now find my daughter using her teeth to rip and hold things like I do; it's hard to get her to understand that this is a dental nightmare in the making!

Thanks..I needed that laugh!!
    1FineSpineRN

Nice photos!
    Alissa congrats on your baby!
    I got curious about your chair, is it an adaptation of any kind underneath or what is it for?
    Could you tell me the model/make?
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by anban View Post
    How funny!I usually have one on the back and one on my lap. When their friends come over, they always ask me for a ride. Toes, feet, shins hitting the footplate... my kids are pretty tough by now too. I now find my daughter using her teeth to rip and hold things like I do; it's hard to get her to understand that this is a dental nightmare in the making!
    lol, its funny, I catch my almost 3 year old doing things with her hands curled into 'quad claws' or picking up laundry with a hanger like I do. Or using her teeth....
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

At 4 years old, Casey was jumping on the bed and jumped head first into the arm of a loaner wheelchair (while I was having foot surgery) back in the 80's. Thank Heavens for Paw Joe who lived just up the road who took us to the ER and five stitches later, we went home. She lived and so did I. LOL

I am not a quad but a walking para and most times my hands were tied up making sure I was balanced. We had some close calls but she lived through it.

I must say though that Me and Her learned to improvise and duct tape always came in handy (not for body parts LOL although sometimes it would have helped). I know my grammar sucked on that sentence. She learned just like my dogs that I have limitations.

We lived through it.

To all the would be parents here, don't let fear of being disabled take the joy of parenting away. We still laugh about some of the incidents we had. That is what life is all about. That is what made it our life.

I love that picture Cass. It makes the late teens and early 20's bearable knowing they were sweet little children at one point in life.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Emi2 View Post
    lol, its funny, I catch my almost 3 year old doing things with her hands curled into 'quad claws' or picking up laundry with a hanger like I do. Or using her teeth....
    That's hilarious! I have quad spatula hands and it was also hilarious to see the kids eating their cookies off open hands like I do instead of gripping it.

Just a tip be careful how you play with babies around wheelchairs. My nephew loves my wheelchair and his dad was fooling around with him pulling the chair back into a wheelie while the little guy was in the chair which of course he loved. Two minutes later the 18 month old had figured out that if he leaned against the back upholstery he could get the front wheels off the ground.