Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: If Baby rolls off your lap and smacks the kitchen floor he's gonna be okay!

If Baby rolls off your lap and smacks the kitchen floor he's gonna be okay!

I see many posts here from folks with SCI or their mates with big questions about their ability to parent. My message is YES YOU CAN! My wife and I have 5 children. All were born after my injury. It's a challenge and a learning experience. I continue to learn and mine are already 5-13 years.
    I have plenty of tips, advice and stories (see title of this post). My tip of the day: if you lay your naked infant across your lap and reach up to take his bottle out of the microwave HOLD ONTO HIM WHILE YOU ARE REACHING!

and watch theit toes! though amazingly a 2 year olds toes don't even bruise when run over by a powerchair....
    Emily, C-8 sensory incomplete mom to a 8 year old and a preschooler. TEN! years post.

True!!
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

ummm...you put your kid's bottle in microwave?? really? and yes, am mom (kid born 6 yrs post), c7, single. and pick the real pumpkin (or ghoul) outta my avatar

As an AB, my oldest boy taught me never to try to take a shower with a baby. I didn't drop him, but only because I worked my way to the floor trying to keep ahold of him.

My middle boy slipped out of his blanket while I was holding him & hit the ground -- while I was AB -- in public (!).

Neither was injured.

It happens either way.

"We are the ones we've been waiting for. We are the change that we seek."
    - Barack Obama

Yes, I always heard do not put the bottle in the microwave cuz of this and that....I also used to angst about dropping the pacifier on the ground. By Kid number five I think we had devolved to the 5 minute rule: if its been rolling around in the muck for less than 5 minutes just wipe it off and jam it back in...

Quote Originally Posted by number1advocate View Post
    Yes, I always heard do not put the bottle in the microwave cuz of this and that....I also used to angst about dropping the pacifier on the ground. By Kid number five I think we had devolved to the 5 minute rule: if its been rolling around in the muck for less than 5 minutes just wipe it off and jam it back in...
    ROFL! but, for new parents out there, seriously, be careful w/microwaved bottles...it is a potential prob due to uneven heating. just a note of caution. anyway, yeah, my kid survived my dis...well, he's 18 now and i'm trying to survive his dis...teenager LOL

wth? you used a pacifier?? oh my! lol, my kid would never take that abuse. left thumb, left thumb ONLY. when little, if left arm tied to crib (KIDDING) if left arm under him or something, it was like right thumb didn't exist. and yeah, he's a lefty to this day. strange thing. barely outta my womb and it was left thumb. so, :P to learned lefties theories!
    Last edited by cass; 10-27-2010 at 12:44 AM.

ooops
    "We must become the change we want to see in the world." Gandhi

alissa - very cute baby on grass!
    But - is that your dog I see taking a dump in the background?

nope, friend's dog. My dogs crap too though
    "We must become the change we want to see in the world." Gandhi