Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: My new TiLite AeroZ is here (with pics)

I have taken some pics, but need to rest (MS fatigue) awhile before posting - I used a lot of energy tweaking and learning. I'm now just sitting a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    When did you first submit the order?
    Timeline (VA provided me the chair exactly as I asked, so I'm super pleased - the timeline was longer than ideal, but VA prosthetics was understaffed, I consumed 2 weeks reviewing CAD, and VA had an unusually high demand for services recently) . . . that said:

VA Rx: 02Jul
    VA Fitting: 08Aug
    VA ordered: 01Sep
    1st TiLite CAD rcvd: 07Sep (I requested CAD to display adjustment ranges)
    2nd TiLite CAD rcvd: 16Sep
    My CAD sign off: 21Sep
    TiLite shipped: 20Oct
    arrived at supplier: 25Oct(?)
    I picked it up: 26Oct
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

The models are two of my five grand kids.

Attachment 37433 Attachment 37434Attachment 37435 Attachment 37436
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

How is the flip back footplate working out?

That's a very important issue I am trying to settle with TI.

Looks like you took a standard unit with no special requests in that area. Would I be right?

It's not falling down on you? Is it loose enough to flip back or is it a backwards angle adjustable plate?

I Have the same chair but two advice, 1.- THE ARM REST SCREWS/NUT GET LOOSE AND IF YOU LOSE EM' ITS HARD TO REPLACE! 2.- THE 2 LITTLE FRONT WHEELS KEEP EM CLEAN FROM TANGLE HAIR ETC.. Overall maintain it like a car but be aware of arm rest nuts..
    life begins when you walk in spirit papito189@gmail.com

• TiLite AeroZ
    • Reinforced frame
    • 17”x16” seat w/standard taper w/ solid aluminum seat pan.
    • Invacare InTouch Stabilite Gentle Contour cushion
    • FSH = 17.5
    • RSH = 15
    • Front angle = 80
    • Seat to footrest = 15
    • 3.5 front-end taper = 11” footrest width.
    • Folding, adjustable height (15”), adjustable-angle (92 deg), lock-when-folded, aluminum seat back with 4”-deep rigidizer bar, and velcro adjustable upholstery.
    • COG = 3
    • rear-wheel spacing = 3/4”
    • camber = 4 degrees
    • Front caster TiLite 6x1.25 soft-roll
    • 24” standard Spinergy wire wheel.
    • Spartech, black, non-marring, solid, treaded rear tires
    • Hand-rim = Natural-Fit Super Grip
    • Wheel locks = D's Locks - ordered separately (Not here yet)
    • Fold-down, rigid, aluminum standard side guards
    • User-friendly anti-tips
    • color = midnight blue pearl and Sapphire anodized package and navy blue upholstery
    • chair width (at floor) = 26.75”
    • chair length (overall) = 32.25
    • weight from bathroom scale (as pictured) = 37.5#
    • My specs: 68", 200#, MS with C7 & T7 lesions incomplete
    Last edited by chasmengr; 10-27-2010 at 04:53 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by radio_buddha View Post
    How is the flip back footplate working out?

That's a very important issue I am trying to settle with TI.

Looks like you took a standard unit with no special requests in that area. Would I be right?

It's not falling down on you? Is it loose enough to flip back or is it a backwards angle adjustable plate?
    I love it. Standard flipback footrest with no special requests. It stays up; I just catch it with my heels to flip up or down. Works great (after one day's use)!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by papito1 View Post
    I Have the same chair but two advice, 1.- THE ARM REST SCREWS/NUT GET LOOSE AND IF YOU LOSE EM' ITS HARD TO REPLACE! 2.- THE 2 LITTLE FRONT WHEELS KEEP EM CLEAN FROM TANGLE HAIR ETC.. Overall maintain it like a car but be aware of arm rest nuts..
    I'll put locktite on the armrest nuts. Thanks. And I love maintaining bearings (I used to be an avid roller skater - already have the degreaser and grease).
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by papito1 View Post
    I Have the same chair but two advice, 1.- THE ARM REST SCREWS/NUT GET LOOSE AND IF YOU LOSE EM' ITS HARD TO REPLACE! ... but be aware of arm rest nuts..
    Very sound advice, indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    I love it. Standard flipback footrest with no special requests. It stays up; I just catch it with my heels to flip up or down. Works great (after one day's use)!
    I also have the flip-back footrest and it works well. When I get in bed, I swing one leg over my frame bar, to get it out of the way, and I use the heel of my other foot on the front of the plate to pull it up and back.

I really like the blue.
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982