Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: My new TiLite AeroZ is here (with pics)

Quote Originally Posted by mikeinbmore View Post
    Your chair looks great. Makes me want to break out my brand newish (only used about 5 days, obtained in Jan 2010) Aero Z out of storage and put it to use. I'm just really uncomfortable with stowing it in my car. Very cumbersome.
    What are you using instead? Is it the add ons that make the chair too heavy? You might want to give it another go and see if a change in technique or breakdown of add ons will help.

Did you do a trial chair before you purchased? That is my concern as I explore chairs--that I will get something I can not manage.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Addons sure do add considerable weight. The AeroZ itself is pretty light. It's everything else that adds all the weight. Here's my list:
    Attachment 37520
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Addons sure do add considerable weight. The AeroZ itself is pretty light. It's everything else that adds all the weight. Here's my list:
    Attachment 37520
    my basic frame is 12.8 lbs, so much heavier than TR and ZR.
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    What are you using instead? Is it the add ons that make the chair too heavy? You might want to give it another go and see if a change in technique or breakdown of add ons will help.
    I currently use an Invacare Spyder that I got back in 2004. It's heavy, but the convenience of it's compact folding style is worth the trade off to me. My Aero Z is much lighter, so it's not the weight that's the issue. I have good upper body strength but I drive a 4 door car and lifting the chair over me to stow in the back seat is an issue. The chair is slightly too bulky to do this without tearing up my cars interior. Also it's a p.i.t.a. to constantly have to remove the arm rests and side guards with every transfer/stow.

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    Did you do a trial chair before you purchased? That is my concern as I explore chairs--that I will get something I can not manage.
    Unfortunately no. And for the life of me I don't know why I didn't get a trial. Live & learn.

Standing up for our rights, one offender at a time!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH59mpTo5x8

Follow me on instagram: mikeinbmore

this a very slick and sweet looking chair.