Thread: Raised toilet seat and newer elongated toilets

Raised toilet seat and newer elongated toilets

Been using a raised toilet seat forever. The open on the sides kind (for reaching those "special" areas), with four legs that lock onto the toilet bowl. Over the past few years I've been finding more and more, newer, elongated toilets that it just wont fit, no matter what I try. Called several of the big online companies that say they've been getting several complaints like mine, and that no company makes a seat (other than the solid plastic ones, no access) to address the problem.

Can anyone help? Traveling is becoming a big problem.

Thanks..............Dan

bump . . .
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I face the same issue while on trips and found a solution that is not stable if you dont have good balance. I usually remove one of the four legs, you will find that it should fit onto the bowl with only three. which make it unstable. Then I jam a paper roll instead of the missing leg, between the raised seat and the bowl so that it rests on it. Works for me!

Is this the type of seat you are referring to?

Graham fields makes them and if you do a search there appears to be a pretty wide spread in price range.

Graham fields:
    http://www.grahamfield.com/Medical_P...g=77&p=695&v=1

better price:
    http://hocks.com/hocks-healthcare/ho...468_a_7cD12030

Neither of those are what the original poster seems to be asking for. I have them for elongated seats. I don't know the exact names but I know there are out there. They clamp into the throne. It is steady and not hospitalish. The original seat connects on top. I've had it locked in for over seven years.

That is the same seat I use and I carry it with me when I travel as well, the only difference is i throw out that white plastic piece in the center. So far i have been lucky and it has fit all the toilets i have had. I am headed for a two week cruise through the Panama Canal in January and I hope to hell that fits on the toilet seat or I am not sure what I will do.
    The thing i hate about that toilet seat is the company that makes these puts those cheap plastic wing nuts on it and they get stripped very fast, they should at least put a metal bolt lining inside the plastic wing nut.
    Anyway I would be interested in hearing what others do.

Oh and there is no way in hell I have good balance.............

Thanks,

Mooner

Quote Originally Posted by radio_buddha View Post
    Neither of those are what the original poster seems to be asking for. I have them for elongated seats. I don't know the exact names but I know there are out there. They clamp into the throne. It is steady and not hospitalish. The original seat connects on top. I've had it locked in for over seven years.
    I've never seen them for elongated commode. makes sense though.

Thanks, everyone. The only company I've found recently making these is named "Drive", same as in the link above. There used to be lots more companies. Radio Buddha, if you know more, let me know. My balance ain't great, but, I think, SMISS's idea sounds like it might work. For the new toilets that it won't fit, it always seems like three legs will, and I'm left trying to stretch the last one on. His idea just might be the ticket.

This is an interesting thread because I've always wanted to try this as a solution to my "travel needs". I was always hesitant due to the plastic center piece seeming to make it inaccessible to my "junk".
    I'm now a lot more adventurous and willing to modify to satisfy my needs.
    Standing up for our rights, one offender at a time!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KH59mpTo5x8

Follow me on instagram: mikeinbmore