Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: New here and in pain :(

  1. #1

    New here and in pain :(

    Hi there

    About six months ago I started to get really bad lower back pain the radiation through my right butt cheek into my right thigh and knee. When I was younger I played a lot of soccer and had this from time to time but it would go away as quickly as it came. Well, there's barely anything I can do now to take the pain away. I've tried a bunch of prescribeed NSAIDS, uscle relaxers to no avail. My Dr prescribed me hydrocodone and that at least allowed me enough releif to sleep at night. He just recently ordered an mri and I got that totay and it came back clear. I know something is wrong back there but I don't know what to do next. The only thing my mri says other than normal is mild disc desiccation T10-T-11 & T-11-T12, I have no idea what this means but my pcp said it was all normal. I'm in physical therapy but that's not helping. He had talked about sending me to pain management but here they're picky on who they take in and I doubt theyre even going to think twice about me with this mri result.
    I'm so lost. There are days when I can't pull myself out of bed. Where do I go from here??

  2. #2
    Oh, and my doc prescribed me two scripts of the hydrocodone and refused to prescribe anymore, said I have to go to pain management which I've heard nothing back from my referal from them so I'm guessing theyre not taking me on as a patient.

  3. #3
    Senior Member TomRL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    NE Ohio
    Blog Entries
    Sometimes you have to be your own advocate. Find out who your Dr. referred you to and contact them to find out how to expedite things. I don't see any reason why they wouldn't take you on.

    Anyone ever been turned down for such treatment?

    "Blessed are the pessimists, for they hath made backups." Exasperated 20:12

  4. #4
    If I were you, I would start finding a orthopedic spine specialist who has a good reputation and start there. It sure sounds like nerve root irritation to me. Then I would find the best PT to help you who has a good reputation for spine issues. Or go to a really good thoughtful Pain specialist who will try some injections that can be both therapeutic and also diagnostic (point to the pathologic process that you have)..

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts