Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: New round betty wheel design

Toto, I thought Mavic made a 540 rim, but I can't find it now.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I love this wheels, but in black.

very nice!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Definitely have the cool factor

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    will I be able to get these with a foam-coated handrims?

Yes - We will most likely be offering the handrims in a foam and vinyl coated and option.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Erick, Please explain the selection process that would lead a customer to choosing one Round Betty wheel over another.

Stephen ,

It all depends on what the person is looking for in a wheel. For me personally key features would be weight/performance/durability/style. Both the Dino and the A-24 are comparable across the board. Even though the A-24 is a little lighter I don't believe it is noticeable in true everyday use. The main diference between the two wheels are spoke count. If you like the look and having the access of reaching through a low spoke count than the Dino might be the wheel you would prefer if its not a requirement and you like the look of spokes than the A-24.

Since the question of price is bound to come up. . .

Dinos are offered at $689 for a set pretty much everywhere. The A-24s, according to your first post, are estimated to retail for $599, a $90 savings (estimated). First, what accounts for the difference in price and second, if they're essentially the same performance-wise, why buy the Dinos when the A-24 gets you to pretty much the same place?

Erick, the A-24 looks impressive! Is the stiffness equal to or superior to the Dino? Will it be available in 12 spokes?

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    I love this wheels, but in black.
    beli these circles are for the wheelchair 24 ...... have a site Inernet

erm...i think roundbetty a24's hub can be modded to fit this wheel...but doesnt have the same spoke configuration...=/
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.