Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ordering ZRA S2... Please comment on measurements

What are measurements a, b, & c in the picture below?

Is your current chair 16" wide and is that dimension between the outer frame tubes or the inner frame tubes?

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    What are measurements a, b, & c in the picture below?

Is your current chair 16" wide and is that dimension between the outer frame tubes or the inner frame tubes?
    SCI_OTR, Thanks for taking a look at the measurements.

a=18.5" (seat without cushion)
    b=20.5"
    c=16" (seat without cushion)

Currently using a 1.5" cushion.

I just measured the widest part of my hip and it is 16".

On the chair the seat itself is 14" wide inside the outer frame tubes. My left hip is rubbing against the tube. Measured at the outer frame tubes, it is 16".
    C5-C6 ASIA C - October 15, 1984
    Tilite ZRA Series 2
    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
    Living One Day At A Time
    www.petertan.com/blog/

totoL1 - I used 2 thick books and measured. 16". Thanks for the tips.

Nia - At the mo, only 4" rigidizer is available, right? Or did I miss something. Anyway, it's good for the wife to hang stuff when we go shopping.

Patrick - Ready to roll very soon, after feedback and comments from SCI_OTR on the measurements.
    Tilite ZRA Series 2
    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
    Living One Day At A Time
    www.petertan.com/blog/

Quote Originally Posted by petertan View Post
    Nia - At the mo, only 4" rigidizer is available, right? Or did I miss something. Anyway, it's good for the wife to hang stuff when we go shopping.
    Just speculating, but I think Nia is questioning why they don't offer a 3" option along with the 4". (?)

I use a tension adjustable upholstery back and for me the 4" is good, as I have loosened my tension straps to allow me to sit back into my chair a bit.

Back to your reply to my seat pan question, you asked if you'd need to lower seat heights by an 1"; I am also curious if there is a magic number, whether it is 1" or I have heard others say 0.5". (I realize you are not looking into this option, I am just following up.)
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

Quote Originally Posted by Brianm View Post
    Just speculating, but I think Nia is questioning why they don't offer a 3" option along with the 4". (?)

I use a tension adjustable upholstery back and for me the 4" is good, as I have loosened my tension straps to allow me to sit back into my chair a bit.

Back to your reply to my seat pan question, you asked if you'd need to lower seat heights by an 1"; I am also curious if there is a magic number, whether it is 1" or I have heard others say 0.5". (I realize you are not looking into this option, I am just following up.)
    Brian, I like tension adjustable back too. Gives me a better posture and more comfort. As for the seat pan, that also depends on how high it will place the knee? Too high and we can't fit them under tables. I am interested cos I am sure I would want to try it in the future.
    Tilite ZRA Series 2
    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
    Living One Day At A Time
    www.petertan.com/blog/

When I sit down, I actually measure 19.5" between two hard points... So a 20" seat is a bit too wide and a 19" is a bit too tight... So do I hope I lose weight fast or assume I'll keep the weight I've been for 8 months now... Sucks to be me...

I'm still trying to figure out my seat depthnow too. I'm using an 18" cushion on my demo but don't like it touching the back of my calf sometimes. So I think I'm going 17" on that.

Unfortunately, I pretty much know that no matter what choices I make or how long I take to plan it out, this first chair will not be perfect... Damnit all...

I've always been a big boy but (See for yourself: http://www.sirgcal.com/, click "About Myself" on the left.)... I'm 6"4" standing, 275lbs, 32" inseam. Used to be a competitive swimmer and biker so my legs are huge. My backside used to be so awesome but now it's just... well big...

Good luck with your choices.
    Last edited by SirGCal; 10-24-2010 at 11:25 AM.

SirGCal - So you either have to lose some weight or add a bit more.

The one I am getting will be my 2nd customised chair. You can see that I am not too happy with the first. I do hope this will be better, if not the best, fitting one. Thanks.
    Tilite ZRA Series 2
    The DIGITAL AWAKENING
    Living One Day At A Time
    www.petertan.com/blog/

Quote Originally Posted by petertan View Post
    SirGCal - So you either have to lose some weight or add a bit more.

The one I am getting will be my 2nd customised chair. You can see that I am not too happy with the first. I do hope this will be better, if not the best, fitting one. Thanks.
    Don't I know it... I HOPE to lose weight but... Will I... It's hard to exercise anymore and I rarely eat but I've stabilized at 275... I should be 230ish ideally but I've been 250ish lately until ~ 6-months ago...

But you know, if I go 19" I'll never lose weight, and if I go 20" I will immediately and have a chair too wide... I just can't win. Murphy makes sure of that (Murphy's Law).

Right now I'm guessing I'll go 20" to be sure at least that I'm comfortable. I think I can get a new chair every 2-3 years or so... Have to check into that... but... So I have to make it last at least that long... But then, perhaps I can lose weight easily by then also to get into an 18" chair even! That would be a dream...

How long have you had the first chair? What do you not like about it? (You probably already said... I'll go back and look through the thread.)

get a 19" & leave the sideguards off.

then work on a leaner diet & get more physically active.

then get an 18" in a couple years.

ignore murphy.

It'll feel a little different at first without the ergo seat you ave now. If you want the ergo style seating with a ZRA; just make a wedge out of a piece of faom and place under the rear of the cushion.