Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 70

Thread: 18x16+1 85 Degree TiLite ZRA S2

  1. #1

    18x16+1 85 Degree TiLite ZRA S2

    It has been a while since I posted pics & specs. This is the very first ZRA Series 2 spec'd by a colleague and I. While far from a comprehensive review, here are some pics and info to start with...




    The specs...

    TiLite ZRA Series 2

    Polished Frame w/ Black Anodize Package
    18" Seat Width
    16" Seat Depth
    17" Custom Frame Depth
    18.5" Front / 15" Rear STF Height
    85 Degree Front Angle w/ V Front End
    15" Seat To Footrest/11.5" Footrest Spacing
    Folding Titanium Back w/ Carbon Fiber Release Bar
    95 Degree Back Angle
    0 Degree Carbon Fiber Camber Tube
    3.75" Center Of Gravity
    25" Spinergy LX Wheels With Flexrims
    Slipstream Fork With Titanium Stems
    4x1.5" "Plastic Caster With Poly Tire"
    Aluminum Scissor Lock
    Tension Adj By Strap Seat And Back Upholstery
    Aluminum Side Guards Profiled To Rear Wheels



    Rear axle adjustments. Much better than the ZRa Series 1. So much better, in fact, that I may have chosen a ZRA S2 instead of my ZRc had the ZRA S2's rear axle hardware been available 3 years ago...



    Finally for this evening, a comparison of an 85 degree 16" deep ZRA S2 with a polished 1" longer frame and an 85 degree 17" deep ZRA S2 with the satin finish. Switch the seat slings, and magically the satin chair would have the custom frame depth (i.e. Charge more to use less upholstery, Brilliant!!!)


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    Finally for this evening, a comparison of an 85 degree 16" deep ZRA S2 with a polished 1" longer frame and an 85 degree 17" deep ZRA S2 with the satin finish. Switch the seat slings, and magically the satin chair would have the custom frame depth (i.e. Charge more to use less upholstery, Brilliant!!!)
    Yes. . . I debated between a 15" and 16" deep seat pan. I ordered 16" because the frame length is right. If I want a 15" deep seat, I know a good sheet-metal shop that can trim my aluminum seat pan. I hope the cushion won't be a big deal.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

    "I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

  3. #3
    Senior Member sowseng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
    Posts
    981
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    It has been a while since I posted pics & specs. This is the very first ZRA Series 2 spec'd by a colleague and I. While far from a comprehensive review, here are some pics and info to start with...




    The specs...

    TiLite ZRA Series 2

    Polished Frame w/ Black Anodize Package
    18" Seat Width
    16" Seat Depth
    17" Custom Frame Depth
    18.5" Front / 15" Rear STF Height
    85 Degree Front Angle w/ V Front End
    15" Seat To Footrest/11.5" Footrest Spacing
    Folding Titanium Back w/ Carbon Fiber Release Bar
    95 Degree Back Angle
    0 Degree Carbon Fiber Camber Tube
    3.75" Center Of Gravity
    25" Spinergy LX Wheels With Flexrims
    Slipstream Fork With Titanium Stems
    4x1.5" "Plastic Caster With Poly Tire"
    Aluminum Scissor Lock
    Tension Adj By Strap Seat And Back Upholstery
    Aluminum Side Guards Profiled To Rear Wheels



    Rear axle adjustments. Much better than the ZRa Series 1. So much better, in fact, that I may have chosen a ZRA S2 instead of my ZRc had the ZRA S2's rear axle hardware been available 3 years ago...



    Finally for this evening, a comparison of an 85 degree 16" deep ZRA S2 with a polished 1" longer frame and an 85 degree 17" deep ZRA S2 with the satin finish. Switch the seat slings, and magically the satin chair would have the custom frame depth (i.e. Charge more to use less upholstery, Brilliant!!!)

    Nice chair, what is the weight ?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    The specs...

    TiLite ZRA Series 2

    Polished Frame w/ Black Anodize Package
    18" Seat Width
    16" Seat Depth
    17" Custom Frame Depth
    18.5" Front / 15" Rear STF Height
    85 Degree Front Angle w/ V Front End
    15" Seat To Footrest/11.5" Footrest Spacing
    Folding Titanium Back w/ Carbon Fiber Release Bar
    95 Degree Back Angle
    0 Degree Carbon Fiber Camber Tube
    3.75" Center Of Gravity
    25" Spinergy LX Wheels With Flexrims
    Slipstream Fork With Titanium Stems
    4x1.5" "Plastic Caster With Poly Tire"
    Aluminum Scissor Lock
    Tension Adj By Strap Seat And Back Upholstery
    Aluminum Side Guards Profiled To Rear Wheels
    aluminum side guards are much heavier than CF. With all the other K0009 features and expensive finish, why did you opt for Al side guards? Did I miss something while doing my research?

    Attachment 37356
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

    "I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

  5. #5
    Damn, nice chair...
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

  6. #6
    Yeah.the series 2 of ZR/ZRA is better with polished finish. I've always thought the series 2 looks like toys, but maybe that's just the case with matte paint I've seen so far. they look good though, but this one is better.

    Satin just too plain...
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

    Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

  7. #7
    Ah...2 things crossed my mine. I remembered that stephen spoke about some defects regarding the carbon camber tube. do they resolved it?since you ordered it, and i believe in your professionalism as an OTR. (and u're more updated on such issues... )

    and the other one is about the scissor brake.have they improved the design?because u usually swap it with quickie ergo scissor...so it got me thinking.
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

    Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

  8. #8
    SCI_OTR,

    Can you explain STF and Center of Gravity. I am about to start shopping for a chair and want to make sure I understand these things as much as possible. COG is the adjustment for and after of the axle? STF = Seat to Frame, so the up/down adjustment. Does this equate to "dump"?
    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

  9. #9
    Damn it looks sweet, especially with the polished ti frame and anodized black package.
    I am waiting for mine to arrived and I think I made a mistake by choosing the Lime Green anodized packaged as the Carbon camber tube cannot be anodized, hence should have just kept it black instead. And yes, satin is oh so plain and boring. Looks like I will have to plaster the wheelchair with some stickers so as not make it so dull.

  10. #10
    Just went back and looked at the specs again. STF must equal seat to floor

    Quote Originally Posted by My395 View Post
    SCI_OTR,

    Can you explain STF and Center of Gravity. I am about to start shopping for a chair and want to make sure I understand these things as much as possible. COG is the adjustment for and after of the axle? STF = Seat to Frame, so the up/down adjustment. Does this equate to "dump"?
    Adaptive Sports Forums.com
    http://adaptivesportsforums.com
    Non-commercial adaptive sports user community

Similar Threads

  1. 17x16 85 Degree TiLite ZRc
    By SCI_OTR in forum Equipment
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-13-2014, 01:20 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-31-2010, 04:02 PM
  3. 18x16 80 Degree Classic Frame Quickie Q7
    By SCI_OTR in forum Equipment
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-09-2010, 02:51 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-05-2009, 12:51 AM
  5. Does anybody have 75 degree TiLite Tr pics
    By Duncan McIntyre in forum Equipment
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-01-2007, 12:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •