Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 94

Thread: Hurtful Words!!!!!

  1. #81
    Quote Originally Posted by arod636 View Post
    fuck em
    yeah I am with him
    My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

  2. #82
    Quote Originally Posted by mattblan View Post
    He had something over you and couldn't wait to throw it in your face. If you look deep you may discover you never liked him and only put up with him because he had a nice patch of grass.
    Mattblan... I can appreciate what you are saying and I have considered that but that just is not me. If that were the case I would just shrug it off and say to myself, "Oh well. It was good while it lasted." While I do hate losing a good place to hunt, the hurtful words from somebody I counted as a trustworthy friend is much bigger in my eyes.

    Hunting places are not easy to find for sure. Especially well managed, safe, accessible places with a good deer herd. But a good friend is priceless. HIS LOSS! He tossed one out!

    Quote Originally Posted by Patton57 View Post
    One of the most difficult things about a SCI is knowing where you really stand with folks.

    It is extremely painful to learn that a once trusted relationship has been corrupted by someone's inability to be upfront with you from the beginning.

    This world we live in is pretty brutal. If I "keep my place" then folks seem to be alright with that. I am constantly told that I need to keep my place and know my limitations. This frequently happens at work or when friends pull me aside to remind me of my limitations..
    P57 you are so right. I can only assume that we became "friends" before my accident when we could interact freely together. After my accident it required more of an effort on his part to interact with me so his use for me waned and I guess that is when I became an "object of his pity". He has had 4 years to tell me this. I would rather he have told me as soon as he did not want me hunting there. We may have at least maintained the other parts of our relationship. Remember this is a guy that is loaded and he has tons of people in his life. I am sure he has no problem finding shallow friendships. I DO NOT maintain shallow friendships.


    Quote Originally Posted by arod636 View Post
    fuck em
    Yep you may be right arod636 "Fuck em"!!!!!!!
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

  3. #83
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Melbourne, FL USA
    Posts
    1,673
    "I don't want to hear it. I have only been letting you hunt there out of pity because I felt sorry for you!"

    Did he fee pity for you before your injury or only after? something doesn't ring right, was it misinformation about you or your injury?

  4. #84
    Quote Originally Posted by Cris View Post
    "I don't want to hear it. I have only been letting you hunt there out of pity because I felt sorry for you!"

    Did he fee pity for you before your injury or only after? something doesn't ring right, was it misinformation about you or your injury?
    I think it's pretty obvious his pity statement had to do with his injury.

  5. #85
    Well Cris... I think his statement had to do completely with my injury. When he originally invited me to hunt on his property, he gave me a key and basically said as long I you stayed on one particular tract (about 400 acres) I could hunt wherever I wanted.

    The misinformation was from the land manager to him and I suspect he lead D.W. to believe I was hunting in areas I was not supposed to be in. That is not true at all. I was very conscious of the fact that I was there as a priveledge due to his offer as a friend. (I thought). Originally that was the case but I think truthfully when our sons quit hanging out together as much he and I did not see each other as often. I think then I became a liability to him. He just did not know how to treat me as the same person I was before. He could not see beyond the wheelchair. That also coincided with my accident. After my accident we saw each other much less. His house is in-accessible. I could not go there. I still thought we were friends though. Hell I have friends I only see twice a year and when we get together it's like we see each other everyday.
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

  6. #86
    get a cat ....or a dog... if you want loyalty. I Think you assume that empathy exists,and that mediicos have it read an article experiments in empathy. It proves beyond a doubt that scientifically empathy has no reality doctors are often the least empathic people, it appears as if rationality decreases the persons ability to accurately predict the emotional state of the individual.

  7. #87
    Senior Member TJ-MN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    On a river.
    Posts
    191
    A cat for loyalty? If I dropped dead in my house I think my daughters cat would start eating off my person(prolly eyeballs 1st) before the sun set that day.

  8. #88
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ-MN View Post
    A cat for loyalty? If I dropped dead in my house I think my daughters cat would start eating off my person(prolly eyeballs 1st) before the sun set that day.
    LOL, I'm all about the dogs, but I think any mammal will munch on me when I'm reduced to a sack of meat that won't get up and feed them. I told my family not to punish Dingo if we're alone when I turn toes up, and he helps himself to my mortal remains.

    One less ash to scatter, and he's made my life so much better. I wouldn't begrudge him.

    PS-My son hates me saying stuff like that. Maye I'm morbid. I also told him in case of catastrophe, leave me and head for Kansas. Any scenario involving survival of the fittest is not gonna include me as a player, you know?

  9. #89
    Quote Originally Posted by betheny View Post
    LOL, I'm all about the dogs, but I think any mammal will munch on me when I'm reduced to a sack of meat that won't get up and feed them. I told my family not to punish Dingo if we're alone when I turn toes up, and he helps himself to my mortal remains.
    Bethany.... You have a way with words!!!! I love it!!!
    L1 Complete - Injury 3/12/06 - Grateful to be alive!!!!

  10. #90
    Senior Member fishin'guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Seattle area Wash state
    Posts
    2,382
    Betheny got your point exactly!!!

Similar Threads

  1. 'More Than Words'
    By Katilea in forum Computers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-19-2009, 08:53 AM
  2. Hurtful.
    By drnader in forum Life
    Replies: 52
    Last Post: 09-19-2007, 02:58 AM
  3. Words
    By Hunker in forum Life
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-25-2004, 07:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •