Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Power assist wheels

This evening I met a fellow vet with MagicWheels. He said he tried eMotions, but had so many battery, range, and weight issues, he thought he'd try Magic Wheels. He really likes them. He has wide (1.5+?) 26" gray Kenda pneumatic tires with a solid center tread, knobbies off center, smooth sidewalls, and Natural Fits. He's tried to get stuck offroad, but never has. He also says rolling on hard surface to thick carpet is easy. He goes camping, fishing, etc. with them. I am now interested in Magic Wheels more than ever.
    Last edited by chasmengr; 12-04-2010 at 01:59 AM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I got the loaner last week. I kept popping wheelies with the power assist. Tomorrow I will try them via train to see how much they help my day--I leave at 6:30 am, arrive back home at 8:30 pm.

Will be interesting to see how much it helps with fatigue issues.
    Every day I wake up is a good one

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    I got the loaner last week. I kept popping wheelies with the power assist. Tomorrow I will try them via train to see how much they help my day--I leave at 6:30 am, arrive back home at 8:30 pm.

Will be interesting to see how much it helps with fatigue issues.
    let us know
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

Quote Originally Posted by Mac85 View Post
    let us know
    Long day but worked out amazingly well. I took Amtrak from the mid-atlantic to NJ and back. Left the house at 6:45 am, arrived home after 9 pm. STill have energy and feel good. The power assist took a bit of getting used to but once I had it sorted out, they were amazing for me. I transferred and had to take the wheels on and off a total of 6 times today. The cold and wind at 25 degrees made it a bit harder but it was very do-able. I was forced to stay with the chair for the entire day so frustration was not an option.
    More tomorrow.

Normally I would be in bed and asleep by now so this really does feel good!
    Every day I wake up is a good one

nice, i already bought the m15s from a friend but i'm waiting for my manual chair that i should get in february.
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

I have the emotion m15 on my kuschall airlight pro & love them. Be aware tho - always use anti-tippers!!! I broke my tailbone demo-ing without them. Still got them, tho (+ a few xtras). BTW, I hated the magic wheels on flat surfaces. Also tried the wijits - they were fun & great exercise but you have to actively pull the paddle back which isn't easy without grip.
    "We must become the change we want to see in the world." Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake View Post
    Long day but worked out amazingly well. I took Amtrak from the mid-atlantic to NJ and back. Left the house at 6:45 am, arrived home after 9 pm. STill have energy and feel good. The power assist took a bit of getting used to but once I had it sorted out, they were amazing for me. I transferred and had to take the wheels on and off a total of 6 times today. The cold and wind at 25 degrees made it a bit harder but it was very do-able. I was forced to stay with the chair for the entire day so frustration was not an option.
    More tomorrow.

Normally I would be in bed and asleep by now so this really does feel good!
    Quote Originally Posted by alissa View Post
    I have the emotion m15 on my kuschall airlight pro & love them. Be aware tho - always use anti-tippers!!! I broke my tailbone demo-ing without them. Still got them, tho (+ a few xtras). BTW, I hated the magic wheels on flat surfaces. Also tried the wijits - they were fun & great exercise but you have to actively pull the paddle back which isn't easy without grip.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>