Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Our baby boy has arrived!

Quote Originally Posted by Chelley03 View Post
    Hey Everyone,
    Just thought I would let you guys know that we had our beautiful baby boy last monday at 8:52pm. He weighed 8lbs 7oz 19inch long. He is amazing!! =) And we couldnt be happier. We are blessed!!! The delivery went pretty well. Started the induction at 11am and had him about 10 hours later.

*I did want to ask if anyone had to have an episiotomy and how their healing process went. Im about 10 days past the delivery and Im still not healed down there. Im worried b/c you can see the stitches but the dr. said over time the skin will heal together. I feel very limited b/c he recommended me not sitting upright for longer than 2hours. Also did anyone else experience some mild prolapse b/c of their pregnancy & delivery? My bladder isnt doing to well holding up right now. Again Im hoping that because its still early it might go back to where its suppose to be. For now I am doing what I can to rest, and loving on my precious baby. =)
    Congratulations! For the episiotomy -- try a wet, warm compress or a warm bath. The stitches are disolvable and they can tighten up and get sore. Bath & compress are a big help. The bladder takes a bit -- as does everything else -- to get back to normal. It takes a while for your body to get everything back to where it belongs after pregnancy.

You have the right attitude! Enjoy the baby -- time goes by so quickly and there is little better in this world than cuddling up with an infant. Hugs to all.
    Ugh, I've been kissed by a dog!
    Get some hot water, get some iodine ...
    -- Lucy VanPelt

Congrats!

All the best to you and your new family! Congrats!
    My mouth is like a magician's hat, never know what might come out of it.

Congrats!!!

C-sections for me so no advice, sorry.
    L1,2 Para since 9-12-99
    ~*~*~Priscilla~*~*~
    Mommy to William (2004) Lucas (2008) Nathan (2011)
    The Wheelchair Mommy Blog

Congratulations.

I have only have C-sections, too so I don't know about things like that. But no bath before it has gone six weeks. Here we use medical green soap from the farmacy and wash with that after the delievery.
    TH 12, 43 years post