Thread: wheel bearings TiLite

wheel bearings TiLite

Where is a good place to buy online replacement bearings for my TiLite ZRA for the front casters. My wifes hair always gets in there and chews out my bearings. The dealer for my chair is HORRIBLE getting back to you and helping me out. Is there a good Tilite dealer in Canada if not The USA. I was looking at Sportaid.com but I have no idea what size bearings I have. I think the wheels are 4" Soft rolls... Anybody know?
    Mark 9:23 - All things are possible for those who believe.

ebay Skateboard bearings. Bones Reds $13.00 for eight. I would consider that a bare minimum. They are widely respected stainless steel bearings.

You can also find them at your local skate shop.

For ceramics, Bones Swiss or VBX.

Use the search engine here. We talk about bearings quite often.

Many casters use a 8mm X 22mm X 7mm bearing. I get mine from VXB. Or you can steal them from skateboarders. Pick the little ones, the big ones can be feisty.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

cool. I looked at the bearing and I couldn't see and size's stamped on it. whats the best bearing for keeping dirt and long hair from destroying it. Would a sealed ceramic bearing be the best? I'm a newbie to this so I thank you guys.

This thread might help.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by dewie27 View Post
    cool. I looked at the bearing and I couldn't see and size's stamped on it. whats the best bearing for keeping dirt and long hair from destroying it. Would a sealed ceramic bearing be the best? I'm a newbie to this so I thank you guys.
    There's really no one right answer. I like to use cheap bearings and change them often. Others like a high end bearing that they clean and oil. I haven't tried ceramic yet, but my next order will probably be for a double shielded stainless steel bearing with ceramic balls. It really is mostly personal preference and trial to find what works for you. There's always something "new & better" to try. There's a lot of bearing info floating around the cybertubes.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    There's a lot of bearing info floating around the cybertubes.
    yes there is. After a few days of looking at it and some time to look at the bearing again there was a number of 608RS which is the 8mmx22mmx7mm. Then looking at TotoL1's video of his ceramic/S,S bearings sold me on those. Great video. - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9c6zdI7uBeQ