Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 81

Thread: New CareCure logo?

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    I don't like the design of the current logo because it has no character or memorable factor.
    This thread has caused me to think back to my first visual impressions of the site...I came to CareCure through a Google search, and wasn't sure I was in the right spot because the logo didn't signify anything in particular, it was more a sign than a symbol.

    I can see how the anonymity offered by the present logo is both a plus, and a drawback. There's something to be said for its plainness; on the other hand, a logo that more clearly aligns with SCI issues might be a good clarifier.

  2. #22
    Senior Member marycsm77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    I don't like the design of the current logo because it has no character or memorable factor.
    What i meant by I like it was the placement of the text, the arch or arc. I mean if you're going to use strictly text as a Logo, the words should evoke a picture that is unique to what you are speaking to, in this case SCI, otherwise you need some sort of graphic to go along with it. I agree with what you say about the character, but I do like the placement of the text personally.

    good luck with it.
    Last edited by marycsm77; 10-13-2010 at 07:36 PM. Reason: error

  3. #23
    Senior Member marycsm77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    This thread has caused me to think back to my first visual impressions of the site...I came to CareCure through a Google search, and wasn't sure I was in the right spot because the logo didn't signify anything in particular, it was more a sign than a symbol.

    I can see how the anonymity offered by the present logo is both a plus, and a drawback. There's something to be said for its plainness; on the other hand, a logo that more clearly aligns with SCI issues might be a good clarifier.
    I agree but I think something can be simple and not necessarily plain though.

    I just get excited about creative stuff, I was an art major for a few years but unfortunately not able to finish my degree, had to drop out and it broke my heart.
    Last edited by marycsm77; 10-13-2010 at 07:06 PM. Reason: error

  4. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by marycsm77 View Post
    I agree but I think something can be simple and not necessarily plain though...I was an art major for a few years but unfortunately not able to finish my degree, had to drop out and it broke my heart.
    Oh, absolutely...simple doesn't have to be plain. All that's needed is a cohesive idea, well rendered.

    (Edited to add: if it's any consolation, my degree is in studio art and it didn't avail me anything! Maybe fate did us both a favor, in the long run. I'm certain that you were/are a marvelous psych nurse with very sensitive gifts.)
    Last edited by Bonnette; 10-13-2010 at 07:34 PM. Reason: addition

  5. #25

    v2

    Still thinking... but here's the concept. Yin Yang with spinal cord...
    C5 injury with partial C6 function on left.

  6. #26
    Say, Lewis, I really like that! My only suggestion would be that perhaps the spine could be made more identifiable as such...a minimalistic, strategic placement of lines here or there to suggest vertebrae would be sufficient.

  7. #27
    Senior Member marycsm77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,298
    Quote Originally Posted by Lewis View Post
    Still thinking... but here's the concept. Yin Yang with spinal cord...
    I like it so far lewis. Yeah something to clarify that it is a spinal cord. Also the "cord" is winding in the design in like an s shape, almost as if you were looking from a side view perspective. But the rest of the design is not from a side view perspective, does that make sense? It might be more difficult to portray a cord as opposed to the vertebrae. Check out some drawings, stock photos etc for inspiration. looking forward to the next installation
    Last edited by marycsm77; 10-13-2010 at 08:47 PM. Reason: adding

  8. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Timaru View Post
    Unfortunately, now, Care Cure does take precedence - what happened to the Community we once had?
    Facebook.

  9. #29
    Senior Member marycsm77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    2,298
    Also lewis another idea if you cant work out the yin yang with the cord, you could try something else maybe as another idea. Break up the word Care Cure with a little more space between the words and have a vertebral column running through the two words, but not as to interfere with the word community. Just put more space between Care Care and Community. The vertebrae may be easier to portray in the design. Just another thought..

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    This thread has caused me to think back to my first visual impressions of the site...I came to CareCure through a Google search, and wasn't sure I was in the right spot because the logo didn't signify anything in particular, it was more a sign than a symbol.

    I can see how the anonymity offered by the present logo is both a plus, and a drawback. There's something to be said for its plainness; on the other hand, a logo that more clearly aligns with SCI issues might be a good clarifier.
    Bonnette, I would tend to agree with you. Recalling my first time searching for a site to relate to other SCI individuals, the fact struck me that CareCure did not directly speak to being a site about SCI issues. Of course with some reasonable deducing, not too difficult to figure out, either. So, as others have said during this thread...just my two cents worth. By the way, I like version 2--adding up to $.04 worth.

Similar Threads

  1. CareCure Logo
    By Wise Young in forum Announcements & Feedback
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 09-26-2006, 08:14 PM
  2. *New CareCure Logo*
    By meson in forum Announcements & Feedback
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-13-2002, 01:22 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •