Thread: Paid Research Survey for SCI community

Paid Research Survey for SCI community

I am from Millennium Research Group (mrg.net) a research facility in Toronto, Canada and we are recruiting for a survey of UK based SCI patients. We work with various research and industry partners in building participant panels and gathering information which is ultimately aimed towards innovation in the medical field. MRG is trying to understand the needs regarding intermittent catheter usage (ie, why certain products are used, what may be missing in terms of support, what’s working, and what isn’t).

Each participant is eligible to receive a 25 dollar honorarium and the sign up information can be found at http://www.mrgworldwide.com/surveys/scisignup/?lang=1. The study takes approximately 10-15 minutes to complete, over the telephone, and will be done at a time that is agreeable to you. The study may also be completed with the assistance of your caregiver if necessary. All respondent information is kept completely confidential, and results are only ever shown in aggregate.

If you have any questions you can contact me at nsomers@mrg.net.

Quote Originally Posted by nsomers View Post
    I am from Millennium Research Group (mrg.net) a research facility in Toronto, Canada and we are recruiting for a survey of UK based SCI patients. We work with various research and industry partners in building participant panels and gathering information which is ultimately aimed towards innovation in the medical field. MRG is trying to understand the needs regarding intermittent catheter usage (ie, why certain products are used, what may be missing in terms of support, what’s working, and what isn’t).

Each participant is eligible to receive a 25 dollar honorarium and the sign up information can be found at http://www.mrgworldwide.com/surveys/scisignup/?lang=1. The study takes approximately 10-15 minutes to complete, over the telephone, and will be done at a time that is agreeable to you. The study may also be completed with the assistance of your caregiver if necessary. All respondent information is kept completely confidential, and results are only ever shown in aggregate.

If you have any questions you can contact me at nsomers@mrg.net.
    Dear nsomers,

Surveys of this kind should have been approved by an qualified Institutional Review Board (IRB). You seem like a commercial outfit that is seeking marketing information from people with spinal cord injury. You do not state what the information will be used for, who will see the information, and who your group represents. The level of confidentiality is not specified. This is not acceptable.

Please provide certification that this survey has been approved by a responsible IRB, indicate who will have access to this information, and stipulate the safeguards you will have to protect the information and the identity of the people who provide the information. Thank you.

Wise.

After reviewing these and other commercial surveys, I have decided to create a forum for surveys in the Exchange Forum. Wise.