Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What the World news said today about Dr Hans Keirstead first patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Imight View Post
    I was reading about this earlier. It's in ATL, but Dr Hans Keirstead is out of Irvine, CA, and the article made no mention of Dr Keirstead....hmmmm
    It's actually the Geron Corp. in Menlo Park, CA that's conducting
    the clinical trial. They've chosen several different places across
    the country to perform the procedures. I'm not sure where the
    other facilities are, but I know that another one is in Chicago.

Keirstead helped Geron develop the treatment.
    Last edited by Buck503; 10-12-2010 at 06:55 PM.

^^^ very strange because the article (left the link at work) sites chicago and ATL, but NOTHING in CA. In fact I think it also states Geron is out of Atlanta or Arizona. hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by keeping on View Post
    Imight, there are a whole lot of trials that will be starting; let's hope that results are conclusive and are good.
    indeed!

^^^ very strange because the article (left the link at work) sites chicago and ATL, but NOTHING in CA. In fact I think it also states Geron is out of Atlanta or Arizona. hmmm
    Makes you wonder how badly the media mangles everything else.

^^^ very strange because the article (left the link at work) sites chicago and ATL, but NOTHING in CA. In fact I think it also states Geron is out of Atlanta or Arizona. hmmm!
    The research for the therapy is UC Irvine (Hans Keirstead et al.) and California based with Geron being the sponsor and having the FDA approval of the study and the clinical trial, with some seven centers involved, two of the centers enrolling patients and giving the treatment in the study are these;

http://www.shepherd.org/news/release...geron-clinical

http://www.northwestern.edu/newscent...ell-trial.html

Quote Originally Posted by Buck_Nastier View Post
    Makes you wonder how badly the media mangles everything else.
    Ha ha I think we already knew the answer to that one.

For the full meal deal of ignorance and lack of basic reading comprehension, scroll through the comments sections of some of those articles. Have a drink every time someone refers to aborted fetuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaper1 View Post
    For the full meal deal of ignorance and lack of basic reading comprehension, scroll through the comments sections of some of those articles. Have a drink every time someone refers to aborted fetuses.
    Right, I think we have to change that now and tell the generous public where the cells really comes from - that the cells comes from grown up Evangelicals and Catholics the SCI community secretly has killed over the years for research purposes. Time to let the truth out!

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    The research for the therapy is UC Irvine (Hans Keirstead et al.) and California based with Geron being the sponsor and having the FDA approval of the study and the clinical trial, with some seven centers involved, two of the centers enrolling patients and giving the treatment in the study are these;

http://www.shepherd.org/news/release...geron-clinical

http://www.northwestern.edu/newscent...ell-trial.html
    I spoke to her. She said the procedure is taking place in ATL and that Geron is in fact in CA. They chose Shepard Hospital for it's SCI facility and PT after the surgery.

@Scraper--Oh man I was reading the comment section but hit the X as soon as I saw the christians going on about it not being gods will blah blah. I'd rather not get railed up, it's happening regardless of what those fucks think, and that's all that matters. Had it been the other way around, I'd be quite vocal to them....but since it's not I'm

Leif, although some Catholics, mainy the heirarchy, are against stem cells, most Catholics I know recgnize it as a gift from God and an acceleration of medical research for the better. Anyway, let's hoepthat God or fate allows for positive results from the human trials for us all.

keeping on