Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Slipstream single sided fork...

Slipstream single sided fork...

I know the single sided forks look really cool, but I'm afraid I'm not going to get much life out of it..........any opinions.

Been running a Uni-tine for 2.5 years with no issues. It is actually thicker than the combined metal from BOTH sides of a conventional fork. I trust it more. SOooooooo much easier to clean the casters, too. One wrench, one spacer, no juggling.

I'm assuming the new TiLite Slipstream is similar, though it looks taller and thinner than the Uni-tine, and it is a new proprietary design from them, which is a step backward, IMO.

I'd personally trust a Top End chair with a Uni-tine caster farther than a TiLite with a Slipstream, but that's because I have direct experience with the quality of the Uni-tine and know it'll handle what I throw at it.

I wonder if the Slipstream was 'RESNA bump tested' or other stress related testing (finite analysis, etc)?

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Anyone else

Have an opinion about TiLites single sided fork?

DaleB - Is your Uni - tine a Frog Legs product? (not sure if Uni - tine is a term generic to all one sided forks).

Did you remove your original fork stems?
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

JohnC1 - why do you suspect your TiLite one-sided forks will have a short life?
    Foolish

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

Yes a FL product. Not installed on a Tilite, though.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    Yes a FL product. Not installed on a Tilite, though.
    Thanks.
    Foolish

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    JohnC1 - why do you suspect your TiLite one-sided forks will have a short life?
    I tend to keep my equiptment for the long haul. My current chair is a Quickie GPS from 1996. I haven't had too many issues over the years however, I've saved the money and it's time for a new ride. I'm a self pay and I'd be pretty upset if I had a failure in a relatively short span. I'm 6'7" active c6,7.........it just looks a little fragile. Once I get my drawing from Ti I'd like to post it and get more ideas.......I'm afraid of making a mistake that's why I turned to CC..........there's a lot of knowledge here.

Quote Originally Posted by johnc1 View Post
    I tend to keep my equiptment for the long haul. My current chair is a Quickie GPS from 1996. I haven't had too many issues over the years however, I've saved the money and it's time for a new ride. I'm a self pay and I'd be pretty upset if I had a failure in a relatively short span. I'm 6'7" active c6,7.........it just looks a little fragile. Once I get my drawing from Ti I'd like to post it and get more ideas.......I'm afraid of making a mistake that's why I turned to CC..........there's a lot of knowledge here.
    A chair is a big investment and one of the most important tools we use. You're wise to make sure you get good value. Take your time. I'm especially appreciative of feedback from long term users like that of DaleB in relation to his Frog Legs Uni-tine forks. Thirty months is a nice trial run.
    Foolish

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    A chair is a big investment and one of the most important tools we use. You're wise to make sure you get good value. Take your time. I'm especially appreciative of feedback from long term users like that of DaleB in relation to his Frog Legs Uni-tine forks. Thirty months is a nice trial run.
    Purchased 2.5 years ago, the Unitines on Dale's Lasher are probably first generation. Great to hear that he's had no issues with them. I think the newer ones are stronger still. Again, Mark at FL will explain the difference and improvements between v1.0 and 2.0.