Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: First patient treated in embryonic stem cell trial

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky View Post
    Buck,

Here's the link on the chronic research. It involves restoration of motor nuerons and attaining upper and lower functional connections. In this article Keirstad has succeeded in creating motor neurons and making the "lower" spinal connections. According to this article, he has attained some success in getting upper connections as well.

It is interesting to note, the scientific community is urging Keirstad to "slow down" with applying his research to humans. It's all in this article. As I have said in the past, good things for chronic SCI will emerge from the west coast. Unlike other researchers that talk a good game, Keirstad's goal is human trials ASAP.

http://abilitymagazine.com/Hans-Keirstead.html
    Ok. I guess the article I posted is independent of Keirstead's
    research. I read that he predicted human trials would start in
    '08. It'd probably be close to market by now if that had been
    the case.

At least there are two credible researchers moving toward
    clinical trials for chronic sci.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck_Nastier View Post
    Ok. I guess the article I posted is independent of Keirstead's
    research. I read that he predicted human trials would start in
    '08. It'd probably be close to market by now if that had been
    the case.

At least there are two credible researchers moving toward
    clinical trials for chronic sci.
    True, the flood gates are opening with regards to trials, they are doing a lot of great work at UCI's Reeve-Irvine Research Center with regards to regenerative medicine and replacement therapies.

Quote Originally Posted by coolbreeze View Post
    Oh pls,pls,pls,pls 'GOD' let your powerful grace heal us all.
    .... Who does the work And who gets the credit.....

I just don't understand, I'm not up to date with it all, but I just recently had a friend go over seas to get this done, the dr's were from america but, it was at the D.R. I just don't understand the drs telling him he will need it a couple different times b/c of the severity of his cord.... I guess I just don't get why american drs are behind it over seas and sure it will work, but not here in america?
    I have more to claim.
    I have to fight through the hard places
    to go and get it!

most recent video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fHLEinnhYtg

Quote Originally Posted by drew82586 View Post
    I just don't understand, I'm not up to date with it all, but I just recently had a friend go over seas to get this done, the dr's were from america but, it was at the D.R. I just don't understand the drs telling him he will need it a couple different times b/c of the severity of his cord.... I guess I just don't get why american drs are behind it over seas and sure it will work, but not here in america?
    There is no treatment overseas and the stem cell "treatments"
    they offer are nothing like this clinical trial. Anyone who claims
    to have a treatment for spinal cord injury that will restore
    function is a fraud.

This is a clinical trial and there's never been anything like it
    done before.

Of course we get the all inclusive remark from the doc "this is the 1st step to a long process of 10-25 years". Do they always have to throw that in. WTF it seems like they have no uplifting sympathy.
    I am not your rolling wheels
    I am the highway
    I am not your carpet ride
    I am the sky
    I am not your blowing wind
    I am the lightning
    I am not your autumn moon
    I am the night, the night..

Quote Originally Posted by Stormycoon View Post
    Of course we get the all inclusive remark from the doc "this is the 1st step to a long process of 10-25 years". Do they always have to throw that in. WTF it seems like they have no uplifting sympathy.
    There were people in 1900 that said building a flying machine will take more than 100 years. Guess what? The Wright brothers took off in 1903 for the first time with the first human-made "flying machine".

We just have to keep working.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Buck, as I've been saying. the trials have begun. Pure and simple. Results, one way or the other, will be avialble to the public. All the shams and props for deciet willbe forgotten and right ly so. We're on our way no matter, what anybody says to finding a treatment that will improve the lives and possibly cure tose afflicted with this condition. Let's ignore the rumors and deciet of cures and such and concentrate on the real deals.

Stormycoon, we've been dealing with the 25 years from now on every blog out there. __ck em!!!. It's goin g to happen ssoner rather than later. I hope that everyone of us will get solicited for a treatment rather than searching high and wide for someone to admit they actully know something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by keeping on View Post
    Buck, as I've been saying. the trials have begun. Pure and simple. Results, one way or the other, will be avialble to the public.
    This is not necessarily true.

Is it likely? Yes, but results are not required to go public.