Thread: Anybody know of an accessible gym in my area?

Anybody know of an accessible gym in my area?

Portland Oregon? The regular gyms have a hand bike and maybe 1-2 weight machines I can use, but it's all about the AB crowd there.I need some good cardio and preferably a place where I'm not the only gimp.
    Death and taxes

Google it
    c5/c6 brown sequard asia d

Know Thyself

Cspine,
    See if you have any Planet Fitness clubs in your area. They are a franchise Fitness company across the U.S. They are great. They usually have a couple of machines for handicapp among every machine possible. They carry a full line of Free Weights, Benches, Smith Machines everything you can think of . They are usually only ten dollars a month too. The cheapest I have ever seen. Check it out. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Cspine View Post
    Portland Oregon? The regular gyms have a hand bike and maybe 1-2 weight machines I can use, but it's all about the AB crowd there.I need some good cardio and preferably a place where I'm not the only gimp.
    It's 3 hours away in Seattle, but this place is pretty amazing.

Located in the heart of Puget Sound, Pushing Boundaries is Washington's only intensive exercise therapy center focused on regaining function in those paralyzed due to illness, injury, or other neurological disorders. Pushing Boundaries is a non profit, 501 (c) (3) organization.

Whether your injury is new or you've had it for years, starting an intensive exercise program now can avoid or reverse "learned non-use" in affected muscle groups. Muscles atrophy and neural circuits turn off with disuse. Building and maintaining muscle mass keeps tissues in paralyzed limbs healthy. Our goal is to help you achieve an optimum quality of life through exercise.

love LA fitness. its expensive, but the shake bar is addicting, and the gimp section was usually empty. if not, I kick the ab's out until I was done. I would love to be able to go to an LA Fitness again.

I used to love gyms...now I hate the places!!! I work out at home. My recommendation is bust out the yellow pages, find all the local gyms and plan a day trip. All gyms should give you a free tour, allow you to talk to clients and some are willing to buy extra equipment (like a handbike). Almost all gyms are back to the '80s glory of the meat market for ab's. I miss the '90s. But small private owned gyms are usually about exercise. Plus, with the small guys you can usually just go in and talk to the owner!
    "Impossible is Nothing" - Adidas Slogan