Thread: SP- is there a way to prevent the bladder to shrink?

SP- is there a way to prevent the bladder to shrink?

I have a sp for 14 months and I understand that my bladder will shrink over time. Even though I'm complete injury I had some sensation in my bladder in other words when I close my tube I feel my bladder is full and I need to drain it. Is there a way to prevent the bladder to shrink significantly?

I have read some threads about not clamping the tube which would be the same as closing the tube to me and it is not safe...

it's interesting because they asked me in Europe to close the tube once in a while to prevent the bladder to shrink...
    C5 with no grip/wrist ext. or triceps
    (DHAL) If you think you can, you will

i think i got my answer inb other recent post
    C5 with no grip/wrist ext. or triceps
    (DHAL) If you think you can, you will

I don't think anyone meant to ignore your question.....just that I don't think any of us has a good answer. Have you tried to search the idea on this website or others through doing an internet search? I know there was a poster on this website recently who was talking about trying to enlarge her bladder and she was into various Eastern medicine ideas. If you find that thread, you might contact her for ideas.

All the best,
    GJ

You said you got the answer. But to recap- the bladder is muscle and what happens to muscles you don't use all the time? Also our urologist said collgen builds up around the bladder makes it stiff also. We prescribe anticholinergics to help if leaking or tube is shorterm.
    CWO