Thread: Esther Vergeer posed Nude in ESPN Body issue

Esther Vergeer posed Nude in ESPN Body issue

Esther Vergeer

http://everyjoe.com/sports/espn-the-magazine-body-issue-nude-female-athletes/

The comments from all the press articles are mostly positive..and well..of course some negative "don't you think it is wrong to look at a nude woman in a wheelchair" kinda thing..but it is sure to raise awareness of the fitness and ability and beauty of woman on wheels.
    "The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.” ~Carlos Castaneda

Nudes

Thoughtfully and artfully composed and produced. My hope is that we will see more of these types of photographs showing PWDs as the beautiful perople they are,
    You C.A.N.
    Conquer Adversity Now

The polo gals have buff thighs!
    Death and taxes

Brava!!!
    The media morons still need a wake-up call!
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1...7.html#s151919

for the ladies, hereare the other featured athletes- have you seen Camillo Villegas? (the hottest thing to come out of Medellin since cocaine, lol) he looks good, but he could use a little body fat.
    An administrator made me remove my signature.

Quote Originally Posted by feisty View Post
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/1...7.html#s151919

...but he could use a little body fat.
    Holla!

You rang?
    And the truth shall set you free.

I think its great... but why did she have to pose IN the chair still?? And why with the leg strap and seat belt? To me that just shows she still a woman in a chair.. not a sexy naked woman athlete... She easily could of posed the same way as the woman above her did.. and still have the tennis racket and ball with her.. I mean kudos for having her in the magazine at all.. but I still wish she could break away from being an extraordinary woman/athlete in a wheelchair. to just and extraordinary woman/athlete. Then again.. Woopi was on the news the other day.. wondering basically the same thing.. why cant she just be a great actress? why is she still a great black actress? Baby steps.. right?