Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Carbon fiber solid seat pan by strips.

ToTo,

i also want to order the cf pan, you got want website to recommend and my is 14x 16 so i can diy on my own hehehe thanks.

Thanks Stephen and Toto for your replies on how to lose the standard CF side guard mounting clamp (bulky looking and heavy) on the frame rail while trying to have a CF side guard attached to a ZR fixed back and using either Toto’s CF strips or Erick’s CF slotted seat pan.

1. Yes, you’re right that an option could be welding tabs to the frame as seen on Toto's Oracing. I don’t know if TiLite would accommodate that request. And possibly number 2. may be a better idea.

2. I am not sure I understand Toto’s idea of “I would bolt on to the seat pan some hinge system that open only at 90º to make the sideguards folding and can remove all together or adding an angle between seat and sideguards” and his attached pic.

I am not really interested in a folding side guard. Also, I would like avoid drilling any holes into the frame for it.

I am trying to picture it in my mind – a small piece 90 degree CF hinge velcroed near the center of the inside of the CF side guard and on top of either a CF strip or top of solid piece on the slotted CF seat pan. Okay, now I’ve looked at the ADI pic again. Is it Toto’s 90 degree CF Velcro hinge is just replacing ADI’s metal hinge with screws?

I just figured how to upload pictures so I’ll post the ADI pic

Quote Originally Posted by JMS View Post

I am trying to picture it in my mind – a small piece 90 degree CF hinge velcroed near the center of the inside of the CF side guard and on top of either a CF strip or top of solid piece on the slotted CF seat pan. Okay, now I’ve looked at the ADI pic again. Is it Toto’s 90 degree CF Velcro hinge is just replacing ADI’s metal hinge with screws?

I just figured how to upload pictures so I’ll post the ADI pic
    I never said that, here is what i said:
    Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    i would bolt on to the seat pan some hinge sistem that open only at 90º to make the sideguards folding and can remove all together or adding an angle between seat and sideguards.
    The hinge would be bolt on, screwed, holes, bolts and nuts, ok? velcro is only used for fix the seat pan to the frame ,but if you don`t want folding sideguards don`t use a hinge, use an angle, you can use a CF angle or a simple an cheap aluminium angle, screw one side to the seat pan and the other side to the sideguard with bolts and nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by jashoot View Post
    ToTo,

i also want to order the cf pan, you got want website to recommend and my is 14x 16 so i can diy on my own hehehe thanks.
    Just do a Google search for CF panels.
    Last edited by totoL1; 02-28-2011 at 09:39 AM.

Thank you Toto for the drawing and the pic. It really helps with the visualization.

What wood core and thickness would you recommend for a 240Lb user in a 17x17?

Good question Gimpy. The sales person that I am working with at DragonPlate told me that I just have to give them the thickness. The way that I understand it is that he is trying to avoid any problems (read liability) if the thickness does not hold me.

I also have a 17 x 17 chair and weigh about 200 but also carry my kids around.

Thanks

Hmm didn't count the kids 30x2... Most of there weight I think gets transferred to the foot rest though when sitting on my lap.

Quote Originally Posted by GimpyGolden View Post
    What wood core and thickness would you recommend for a 240Lb user in a 17x17?
    Well, if you are going for a birch core dragon plate i think you will have to ask that question to them.

I don`t use wood core, mines are 100% carbon fiber.

Toto,any recommendation on a sold carbon thickness?

Quote Originally Posted by GimpyGolden View Post
    Toto,any recommendation on a sold carbon thickness?
    You don`t have to think only in the thickness if you are going for a seat by strips, you need to think in the sizes of the strips, for example you could do two differents seat but with the same flex characteristics, using in one more thickness with littles strips and in the other less thickness but larger strips, so...
    But for your weight if you want a seat by strips don`t go under 4.5mm.