Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Carbon fiber solid seat pan by strips.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Well, yesterday I had the first problem with my seat, of course was my fault, because I give an extreme use to the seat and of course to the chair, i think Oracing is not going to send me more chairs .

I reinforced with a bit CF that i have left over.
    I`m going to do an order of a CF sheet and i will do a new strip, this time around an inch deeper for give more strength in that area.

Well guys i did the order of the CF panel in 5th Nov, to Composite Envisions
    I have to say that this guys are very irresponsible, they didn`t sent me nothing, but i paid the CF with Pay Pal, and i did a complain to Pay Pal so they send to this guys an email telling that if they don`t send the CF before 3th Dic the money will go back to me.
    Finally the CF arrive today, but i ordered a .170" thickness panel and arrive a .135"

The idea was make the front part all in one piece and draw the strips in the panel with a router, but i can`t do it because this panel is weaker than the strips that i had before and i`ve got more flex now than with the strips, so now i will have to reinforce the panel or continue with the strips with one broken because i`m not going to spend more money in CF in a while.

Don`t buy there nothing.

I used the same thickness in all my strips, what i changed was the size of them, but anyway what could work for me maybe dosen`t work for you.

Different deep frames, different dumps, different width frames, different user weight, the use you give to your chair, quality of the CF that you buy, etc. influence in how you have to do it.

My thickness is 4.5mm
    Thank you very much. I hope this works for me.
    Never Give Up!

Well guys i did the order of the CF panel in 5th Nov, to Composite Envisions
    I have to say that this guys are very irresponsible, they didn`t sent me nothing, but i paid the CF with Pay Pal, and i did a complain to Pay Pal so they send to this guys an email telling that if they don`t send the CF before 3th Dic the money will go back to me.
    Finally the CF arrive today, but i ordered a .170" thickness panel and arrive a .135"

The idea was make the front part all in one piece and draw the strips in the panel with a router, but i can`t do it because this panel is weaker than the strips that i had before and i`ve got more flex now than with the strips, so now i will have to reinforce the panel or continue with the strips with one broken because i`m not going to spend more money in CF in a while.

Don`t buy there nothing.

After all this, Composite Envisions sent me an email telling me that they was very sorry, and they don`t understand what could be happened for sent the panel very late and with the wrong thickness, so they told me that don`t worry because they was going to send me another panel with the correct thickness and absolutily free with not any shipping cost either, and the panel arrived last week.

So after this i only can say, thanks Cory.

Well today i did the new seat by strips, but this time all in one piece, well really in two, because i`ve got one piece for the ergo part and the new one with three strips for the front part, and i decided to do a video showing "HOW IS MADE" produced by toto
    So you can start trying make yours.
    I have yet to cut the velcro for give the same shaped, but i couldn`t find my cutter for do it, so i will do it other day.

Very important: take a shower after
    Last edited by totoL1; 01-12-2011 at 02:11 PM.

That's so pretty, it's a shame you have to use a cushion on top of it!

or an ass
    Most everything I say is

Yea, it`s nice, but i didn`t do it thinking how pretty would be, i just did it because i hated my sling seat tension by strips and i was looking for a strong and light material for have a solid seat with a bit of suspension, and the best one for do it was CF, the result was perfect IMO.
    Last edited by totoL1; 01-13-2011 at 01:42 PM. Reason: wrong words.

Yea, it`s nice, but i didn`t do it thinking how pretty would be, i just did it because i hated my sling seat tension by strips and i was looking for a strength and light material for have a solid seat with a bit of suspension, and the best one for do it was CF, the result was perfect IMO.
    Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and form follows function.

Like I said, pretty.

Erick was the second guy who have this type of seats, i can`t say how his seat works because is a different material than mine, i hope he tell us.
    You can see how much cooler the chair becomes.

I can see in the future brands giving this type of seats like an option.
    Yes, i know nobody is going to see it once we are seating in the chair, but this seats worth with their bit of flex, nobody is going to see it, but you are going to feel it.

what kind of locks are those?

Quote Originally Posted by JeffAdams View Post
    what kind of locks are those?
    Elementary my dear Watson. They're Surelocks.