Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Carbon fiber solid seat pan by strips.

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Of course nobody or almost nobody is going to do what i did, i was speaking with Oracing the other days and they are interisting in this seat, but of course they can`t give it like and option until they are ensure that it`s safe, so that`s my job, be the test driver
    Here in the US, toto, we use the term "crash test dummy".

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    Here in the US, toto, we use the term "crash test dummy".
    Of course i`m not the test driver of nobody, i was only joking, but anyway for be a crash test dummy the most important thing you need is a crash, no any at the moment .

Take sure that this is the best seat as posible that any of us could have in our chair: is light, cool, shock absorber and free maintenance, so if some day someone decide to buy a sheet of CF and make his own CF seat by strips, looking at this post could know how to do it and could be sure that never will have a problem with it and could go download curbs without any fear of breakage because in equipament forum could see with his or her own eyes one of this seats take it to the extreme without any problem, and probably nobody is going to do a leap like this in their life, so if is safe for me is safe for everyone of you, unlees you start jumping with it from top of rocks like Jeff Adams .
    Of course if i do a jump like this is because i`m sure that i could do it with a very little percentage of problems, but ยกdon`t try to do this at home!

There are factors that influence in the desing of the seat and the thickness of the CF like user weight, seat width and deep.

toto,
    I like your seat. you are very ingenious. If I didn't have a chair w/a CF seat & a shock already I'd TOTALLY be asking you for a set of strips! My next chair(or if I lose so much weight that I can fit into my "skinny" chair again) I may be calling on you for your seat strips. You have an amazing design, even with the abuse flaw. Hey, I'm abusive on my chairs too, I've cracked CF components as well... so I totally understand the abuse it takes to do so...it takes A LOT...but if you're that rough/active/abusive, you know ahead of time any damage as such is under your own volition & not of anyone else's.
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

Quote Originally Posted by Broknwing View Post
    toto,
    I like your seat. you are very ingenious. If I didn't have a chair w/a CF seat & a shock already I'd TOTALLY be asking you for a set of strips! My next chair(or if I lose so much weight that I can fit into my "skinny" chair again) I may be calling on you for your seat strips. You have an amazing design, even with the abuse flaw. Hey, I'm abusive on my chairs too, I've cracked CF components as well... so I totally understand the abuse it takes to do so...it takes A LOT...but if you're that rough/active/abusive, you know ahead of time any damage as such is under your own volition & not of anyone else's.
    Thanks, i will post a video of my next abuse to the seat once arrive the CF panel that i ordered for make a new strip.

How do you come out with this idea ?
    Life is meaningles, though you create the purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by sowseng View Post
    How do you come out with this idea ?
    Because i didn`t like my seat uphostery tension by strips, and i thought for a solution.

The idea comes sleeping

Bob Hall made me a solid aluminum pan for my Hallmark. I suggested that he cut out weight-reduction holes -- "swiss cheese" it -- but he didn't feel like it .

I've had the thought of routing out channels in my CF pan, essentially venting it, but I lack the equipment (as well as the skill) and gave up on the idea.

I met a guy from Spain recently at the NYC Marathon (not toto) who also has a solid carbon fiber seat pan and, like toto, his is velcro'd onto the seat frame. I'm hoping that he'll send me photos of his chair that I can post here.

Great work toto. Very cool
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Amazing! I want to try the same thing with my chair.
    You said the front and rear strip were thicker.
    What thickness did you use for each strip?
    Never Give Up!

Quote Originally Posted by TheAbleChef View Post
    Amazing! I want to try the same thing with my chair.
    You said the front and rear strip were thicker.
    What thickness did you use for each strip?
    I used the same thickness in all my strips, what i changed was the size of them, but anyway what could work for me maybe dosen`t work for you.

Different deep frames, different dumps, different width frames, different user weight, the use you give to your chair, quality of the CF that you buy, etc. influence in how you have to do it.

My thickness is 4.5mm