Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Carbon fiber solid seat pan by strips.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    What did they tout as a benefit of the ergo seat?
    You know the line, straight off the marketing brochure. No different.

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

I'd be up for trying something like that when my upholstery wears out. I'd add a couple additional cf strips longitudinally just inside the seat rails could hold everything together and prevent side to side movement.

I'm not a big fan of Velcro, however. 3M Exterior Mounting tape would attach it to the frame better than Velcro, yet it can still be removed without leaving a bunch of goo.

Something like this will work fine, because all the strips are only one piece and if you don`t like velcro it will be easier to fix to the frame because is just one piece and you will not need a lot of mounting tape.
    Of course is bit more difficult to do, because you have to drill the sheet and after make the cuts inside with a jigsaw for example.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Something like this will work fine, because all the strips are only one piece and if you don`t like velcro it will be easier to fix to the frame because is just one piece and you will not need a lot of mounting tape.
    Of course is bit more difficult to do, because you have to drill the sheet and after make the cuts inside with a jigsaw for example.
    Very innovative - i bet you could get a nice side business going selling something like that! How long before I can get one through sportaid?

Quote Originally Posted by taziar View Post
    Very innovative - i bet you could get a nice side business going selling something like that! How long before I can get one through sportaid?
    Agreed. I wanted to do this on my chairs but finding someone with the know-how. . .

Quote Originally Posted by taziar View Post
    Toto,

Just make sure you charge charge almost as much as the entire assembly for any replacement components and require them to ship their chair to Spain if new Velcro is required. After all, it could be considered an integral part of the frame and proprietary!

Toto,

Just make sure you charge charge almost as much as the entire assembly for any replacement components and require them to ship their chair to Spain if new Velcro is required. After all, it could be considered an integral part of the frame and proprietary!
    My sarcasm sense is tingling...lol

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Agreed. I wanted to do this on my chairs but finding someone with the know-how. . .
    I would do it to you free if you want stephen( i don`t forget the favor you did to me in the past), you only have to pay the CF and shipping.
    You don`t have problems because your Tilite had a seat bolt on, send me an email when you want one.

I remember you guys, that is my experiment, so i fixed like i want, i could fixed with a lot of ways, but any would be easier and cheaper, anyway you don`t think it works ok, but it do.

For example, you can see that when i did my ultralight brakes, i didn`t fixed the scissors to the tube with tape.
    Last edited by totoL1; 10-10-2010 at 06:03 AM.

hei toto...if i want one, how much would it cost me? =)
    walking is OVER-RATED!!!

Broken in August 14th, 2003. T9-L1 complete.

Quote Originally Posted by nia adha View Post
    hei toto...if i want one, how much would it cost me? =)
    Nia, this is an experiment, I can`t assure anyone the life of this seat, but I bet that will be long, of course if anyone wants one, i will do it for money, but i will not responsible for them.
    After a year with me in this seat with no problems, i could warranted, but at the moment remember that this is an experiment never done before.

They are a few factors that could influence in the price, and the most important is your weight and if you want it in individual strips or all strips in one piece, all in one piece will be more expensive.

I can`t give you a price at the moment, but if you are really interesting just send me a private message with your weight, the wide and deep of your seat, if you want it in one piece or individual strips, etc. and i will give you a price, but remember that CF is not cheap.

Your TR seat is tension by strips, so remember that if you put this strips, your rear&front height will be up around 1/2".

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    I would do it to you free if you want stephen( i don`t forget the favor you did to me in the past), you only have to pay the CF and shipping.
    You don`t have problems because your Tilite had a seat bolt on, send me an email when you want one.
    Thanks, I appreciate the offer but I'll save it for some consulting help if I order an Oracing. . . someday.