Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Carbon fiber solid seat pan by strips.

Quote Originally Posted by Covathalis View Post
    What's the point of an Ergo seat?
    You can read it in the document attached.

Thanks Toto,

Have you found your Ergo seat to be significantly better then a normal wedge position?

Anyone else have experience using an Ergo seat and what are your opinions?
    "What is the first business of one who studies... To part with self conceit. For it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn what he thinks he already knows." -Epictetus (55-135) Greek Philosopher

I'd like to see a clinical evaluation of the idea, personally. I've yet to find one. The only info out there I've found are marketing materials from those companies selling it and word of mouth. If there were a footnote somewhere in RGK's marketing slick to a clinical eval of the concept, that would be one thing, but there isn't. It may feel good for some people, no doubt it does, but since chairs are prescribed for clinical reasons I'm cautiously optimistic. Hopefully someone serious, qualified and unbiased in the industry will tackle testing it out one day. Maybe it's been done since I last looked into it??? I don't know...

He who hears not me but the Logos will say: All is one.

Thanks Toto,

Have you found your Ergo seat to be significantly better then a normal wedge position?

In my chair the difference is not much because i don`t have much dump, only 6cm (2.36") but my seating posture is better.
    Where it really improve the posture is for high sci with big dumps.

velcro

I recently transferred an ADI carbon fiber seat base and folding side guards from my old chair to my new ZRA2.

Rather than use the ADI brackets I tried velcro instead.

It works great.
    The ADI brackets weigh 12 ounces (3/4 pound or 340 grams), the velcro doesn't.

Additional features: To adjust the brakes or the CG just pull off the seat pan for instant access, no more flipping the chair over.
    No more re-drilling holes in the side guards with changes to the back angle or dump, simply re-position the seat base.

On my new chair I used 1" x 16" strips of velcro.
    On my old chair I put on a plywood base and saved velcro by using four 1" x 2" pieces. Even with just the small pieces the base stays in place securely.

Good tip Toto, thanks.

Jeff
    Doh!

Quote Originally Posted by DaleB View Post
    I'd like to see a clinical evaluation of the idea, personally. I've yet to find one. The only info out there I've found are marketing materials from those companies selling it and word of mouth. If there were a footnote somewhere in RGK's marketing slick to a clinical eval of the concept, that would be one thing, but there isn't. It may feel good for some people, no doubt it does, but since chairs are prescribed for clinical reasons I'm cautiously optimistic. Hopefully someone serious, qualified and unbiased in the industry will tackle testing it out one day. Maybe it's been done since I last looked into it??? I don't know...
    I'd like to see more info. as well. Also, how would one determine how much flat space they need/like? totoL1, how much flat space do you have? Also, what is your total depth?
    C5-6 Complete - 8/13/1982

My total depth is 16.9" and my ergo seat is 5.5", with your ergo seat your isquios suppose to be in flat position.

Thanks Toto,

For my latest chair, I went with ergo seating. as with any new chair, it took my a couple weeks to get used to it. I know I'm not 'slouching' like I was without it, and it helps hide a bit of the quad 'budda' belly.

Because of the design, a solid seat pan wasn't available to me (I suppose it the $$ were, it would be). I ended up buying a couple peices of CF from DragonPlate and used 3M DualLock (Velcro on steroids!) to secure it to my chair. I did notice the height increase from the normal sling seat, but it isn't really a factor.

Transfers are a hell of a lot easier with the solid seat.
    ---------
    C5-6 / '88

Oracing std upholstry

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    Oracing std uphostery, so far the best uphostery of the market.
    Toto, their uphostery does look great. Any idea if it is available in the US?

Anyone know of a similar back upholstry that is available in the US? Any favorites from people? I have the regular TiLite on my new TR2 and cannot say that I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by rye1945 View Post
    Toto, their uphostery does look great. Any idea if it is available in the US?

Anyone know of a similar back upholstry that is available in the US? Any favorites from people? I have the regular TiLite on my new TR2 and cannot say that I love it.
    Oracing is avaible in all the world, just contact them and they will ship it, here you`ve got a ZR with a complet Oracing backrest, you can choice where you want the crossbar, or just give the measurements of your backrest if you only want the uphostery, you can get your name embroided if you want too, different colours of threads, etc.
    For you can make an idea, have a look at the uphostery,calfstraps and frame protectors of this chair that is going to Germany.