Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can $1 billion cure paralysis?

Can $1 billion cure paralysis?

thought has been on my mind for some time now. I am going to share what I'm thinking with all of you and I hope that you can let me know if what I'm thinking is possible or not. After learning about this website [care cure] and learning about all the research and researchers that are working to find a cure for people like us. I came to the conclusion that the number one obstacle standing in our way is money. So I got to thinking about how we [the community of care cure] can find a solution for this problem.

The question I am raising is : can $1 billion cure paralysis in the next two years? In other words, can paralysis be cured if we, the care cure managed to raise $1 billion to the networks that Dr. Young created [China SCInet and SCINte USA]?
    Can we organize ourselves and reach out to people like Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, and other billionaires around the world in order to raise $1 billion for this important cause? We have thousands of members on this website from United States of America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. I think we should organize ourselves and devise a systematic plan to raise $1 billion in the next year. It is possible!
    But first, please share with me your opinions about whether $1 billion in cure paralysis in the next two years!

If you just want an answer, you can use the standard one that has been used for the last two decades. Five years.

If you want the truth? No one can answer your question. But a billion takes time to collect and distribute - probably every bit of two years working as fast as possible. Then the research the billion funds needs to take place.

One thing is certain... a billion would do a lot to move things along in proving/disproving current hunches on what therapy offers a cure.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by sam i am View Post
    thought has been on my mind for some time now. I am going to share what I'm thinking with all of you and I hope that you can let me know if what I'm thinking is possible or not. After learning about this website [care cure] and learning about all the research and researchers that are working to find a cure for people like us. I came to the conclusion that the number one obstacle standing in our way is money. So I got to thinking about how we [the community of care cure] can find a solution for this problem.

The question I am raising is : can $1 billion cure paralysis in the next two years? In other words, can paralysis be cured if we, the care cure managed to raise $1 billion to the networks that Dr. Young created [China SCInet and SCINte USA]?
    Can we organize ourselves and reach out to people like Bill Gates, Warren Buffett, and other billionaires around the world in order to raise $1 billion for this important cause? We have thousands of members on this website from United States of America, Europe, Asia, and the Middle East. I think we should organize ourselves and devise a systematic plan to raise $1 billion in the next year. It is possible!
    But first, please share with me your opinions about whether $1 billion in cure paralysis in the next two years!
    money helps, but does not make scientist and doctors work faster
    We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
    Ronald Reagan

as far as i know there is the dollar a day for research?can someone inform us how much is in that acc?

I don't think it's important to evaluate if that would cure SCI to decide if we go after that billion or not.

It will help lots, will bring the cure many years closer... So why wasting time wondering?

I'm working on a similar plan but in Spain.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Quote Originally Posted by brucec View Post
    Bruce. Actually I think it would, since more top notch scientists would enter the field and it would also free up some time for the ones already in the field which now has to spend a lot of their precious research time constantly writing grant applications. Why does the society educate the best brains into research and science for having them to spend so much of their time on grant application writing? Waste of time and resources if one asked me. Solid long term funding would have made a huge difference on this.

Quote Originally Posted by brucec View Post
    Money can put more minds/hands in a project, more minds/hands means more work in less time, more ideas to overcome problems, less time resolving them, and on and on,.... So yes, money can make scienctists and doctors work faster.
    In fact more money means that the scientist and doctors can focus in the lab instead waste time in travel to make speeches and meetings to raise funds.
    -Ramps in buildings are necessary, but it would be usefull to have another ones for people (mind/heart).....

-Hoc non pereo habebo fortior me

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post
    Bruce. Actually I think it would, since more top notch scientists would enter the field and it would also free up some time for the ones already in the field which now has to spend a lot of their precious research time constantly writing grant applications. Why does the society educate the best brains into research and science for having them to spend so much of their time on grant application writing? Waste of time and resources if one asked me. Solid long term funding would have made a huge difference on this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Isildur View Post
    Money can put more minds/hands in a project, more minds/hands means more work in less time, more ideas to overcome problems, less time resolving them, and on and on,.... So yes, money can make scienctists and doctors work faster.
    In fact more money means that the scientist and doctors can focus in the lab instead waste time in travel to make speeches and meetings to raise funds.
    Can say it louder but not clearer
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

There's absolutely no doubt that clinical trials, especially SCINetUSA's, would be accelerated by an infusion of financial support. Whether they work is another matter, as FO wrote.

Fundraising is extremely not fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Riaan View Post
    as far as i know there is the dollar a day for research?can someone inform us how much is in that acc?
    Yes, why the secrecy? What happened to the campaign started on 9/22/10?