Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Madonna Tops 100 Most Sought After Out-of-Print Books List

  1. #1

    Madonna Tops 100 Most Sought After Out-of-Print Books List

    Sex, a 1992 picture book by Madonna, led the 2010 edition of BookFinders’ 100 Most Sought After Out-of-Print Books List.

    The annual list should give publishers plenty of ideas, especially since digital books can quickly resurrect backlist titles. The top ten most sought after out-of-print books are listed below. This GalleyCat editor remembers reading a battered paperback copy of Rage in middle school.

    Here’s more about Madonna’s book from the post: “This explicit collection features photos of the Material Girl, without the material, has been a collector’s item since it first hit shelves in 1992. Since Madonna is never one to do something twice, and the fact that the once highly controversial book is less edgy than it once was leads us to guess that Sex will remain out-of-print.” (Via Ron Charles)

    http://www.mediabistro.com/galleycat...?p=13072?c=rss


  2. #2
    How many do you have?

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    Here’s more about Madonna’s book from the post: “This explicit collection features photos of the Material Girl, without the material, has been a collector’s item since it first hit shelves in 1992. Since Madonna is never one to do something twice, and the fact that the once highly controversial book is less edgy than it once was leads us to guess that Sex will remain out-of-print. . .”
    . . . though it remains widely available for download online, for the depraved few crazy enough to care.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by LindaT View Post
    How many do you have?
    Sadly, one, the French edition. I want to get an unopened copy one day and put it in a display case on my wall. I have it on my harddrive, too. A fan scanned all the pages so you can read it as you go through it like separate photos.


  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards View Post
    . . . though it remains widely available for download online, for the depraved few crazy enough to care.
    The photography is actually pretty damn cool. Some are really classy, others are a bit trashy.


  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Français View Post
    The photography is actually pretty damn cool. Some are really classy, others are a bit trashy.
    I can see a collector maybe seeking it out, but anyone else? There's classier and cooler stuff online.

    (ETA: Like a Prayer should have been on last night's Glee.)
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Edwards View Post
    I can see a collector maybe seeking it out, but anyone else? There's classier and cooler stuff online.

    (ETA: Like a Prayer should have been on last night's Glee.)
    I'd want SEX for two reasons:

    1) I love Madonna.
    2) I love banned books.


  8. #8
    Wow, I can't believe that I almost got rid of my copy just last week. When was this book banned?

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikki View Post
    Wow, I can't believe that I almost got rid of my copy just last week. When was this book banned?
    In many countries upon its release. I'm not certain if some of those have lifted the ban.

  10. #10
    Todd, just curious… Do you have or have you seen a copy of the Playboy she posed in before she became Madonna?

Similar Threads

  1. Flakiness on tops of feet
    By singin_intherain in forum Care
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-14-2006, 01:32 PM
  2. Wine Tops Gin
    By Spadfan in forum Food
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-06-2004, 05:53 PM
  3. how to print
    By maryonwheels46 in forum Computers
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-13-2004, 04:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •