Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: family

family

as a family man pre inj i loved to take care of my family. suddenly on 24/5/09 i became a quad. now my wife and 2 boys lovingly assure me every day that they will take care of me.

That is what families do.

All the best,
    GJ

You are lucky to have family and it is good that they support you!

That is great! Make sure they get good training and they are welcome to join us to ask questions and for support too!
    CWO

My husband was just like you and now he relies on me and our two daughters, its a return favor that we wouldn't have any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by MSWIFE1 View Post
    My husband was just like you and now he relies on me and our two daughters, its a return favor that we wouldn't have any other way.
    MSWife speaks for me too. (she often does, it is nearly eerie)
    My husband and I have a son and a daughter that are grown.

LOL...sorry Linda I don't mean to take the words out of your mouth.

You are lucky person and it is result of what you did for your wife and kids. There are lots people in this world don't understand when they don't need family support that they will not be in same situation all the time, "today let me help family so they will help me if i needed in future". God is watching everyone and gives return what you gave it to others in your past.

yes, welcome.
    sorry you were hurt.

My husband is the same. He is a C/6 as well (Dec 7 2008). He was a very strong man... a drywall taper... and made a six figure income pre-injury. We also have 2 boys too.

I really try and focus on him being as helpful as he can. I gave him our credit card information next to his computer so he can shop online for us. I also purchased Auto CAD which is a computer aided drafting software so he can design blueprints. I feel it's something he can still do that has a connection to his former line of work.

We have come a long way together. Just stay positive and remember to count your blessings when things look grim. Some people are injured before they have the chance to start a family... and I am determined not to take my family for granted. I love my husband with all my heart.

One more thing. It takes two to make it work. I always get comments that I am such a strong woman for staying with him. It really bothers me to hear that (although I know some people mean well). If he wasn't so outgoing and laid back we would not have survived this injury. It's not all me... it's us. Keep getting out and doing things... and who cares what people think. That is the key in my opinion.