Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting fitted for a new TiLite

Getting fitted for a new TiLite

I am going to get fitted for a TiLite AeroZ in 3 weeks by my DME and a PT...
    HOPEFULLY medicaid will cover it. My friend from FL got fitted by his DME and he was lucky to have a TiLite rep in the area which said that they screwed up his measurements.
    Should I print some specific measurement slide?
    My last DME measured me wrong...
    This is why I am debating between a quickie GT and the AeroZ
    My first chair sux I cant push my Ti 2GX which weighs 48LBS.
    Somehow I don't want another Ti chair w/ wrong measurements...

I am going to have Emotion M15 wheels added on to the chair. Will I need my frame reinforced and with 0 camber?

HELP
    C5/C6 Complete since 08/22/09

quote from http://www.tilite.com/faq.php:

"Can I have a TiLite built for use with a power assist system?

All TiLite chairs, with the exception of the TX, are compatible with the E-Fix and E-Motion systems built by Alber and distributed in the United States by Frank Mobility. If you are ordering a new TiLite chair, it must have the power adaptable or reinforced frame, 0 degree camber, and billet casters. Unfortunately, it cannot be retrofitted to an existing frame that has not been reinforced. TiLite can check the specifications of your frame for you if you provide the serial number. If you chose to mount the E-Motion or E-Fix on a non-reinforced frame, the warranty will be void. "
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

thank you Sir

bump...........

Anyone?

You know what is wrong with your old chair...so I would print out the order form...and on there it states how to do measurements. Do your own...so that when you go to your DME/PT you know approximately where things should be. You know if your chair is too wide for you...or too long...or too tippy...so you will need to be the one to advocate for yourself. If they want to use the same measurements as before, you need to tell them no way...and stick to your guns. See if you can demo a chair between now and then so that you can see what you may like and what you don't.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

demo a ZRa series 1, have a set of allan keys handy (not metric), and some free time each day. You can tweak that chair til it feels like part of your body. Then measure it out and order whatever you want. You may not want to tell the vendor you're planning on fucking with their chair tho..

they will probably not have a demo

Quote Originally Posted by Mac85 View Post
    they will probably not have a demo
    Any good DME will either have a demo or have one brought in for you...

You need to demo. Do not compromise on that.