Thread: PHC III Portable Hand Control

PHC III Portable Hand Control

F.Y.I.

I had a question about the design of this hand control that I asked the seller via email. They forwarded my question to the designer. I got an email from the business partner of the designer asking me to call. I forgot to call. I got another email asking if I still wanted to talk. I called. "Jacky" could not have been any nicer or willing to help. Got to love the follow-up and the attitude.

FWIW - The control has served me well. My question was on the proper way to use the "safety chain" feature.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg

Quote Originally Posted by Foolish Old View Post
    F.Y.I.

I had a question about the design of this hand control that I asked the seller via email. They forwarded my question to the designer. I got an email from the business partner of the designer asking me to call. I forgot to call. I got another email asking if I still wanted to talk. I called. "Jacky" could not have been any nicer or willing to help. Got to love the follow-up and the attitude.

FWIW - The control has served me well. My question was on the proper way to use the "safety chain" feature.
    Hehe...so, what was the answer? I have a set I got off eBay with zero instructions, and I'm sure I'm not using that chain correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by taziar View Post
    Hehe...so, what was the answer? I have a set I got off eBay with zero instructions, and I'm sure I'm not using that chain correctly.
    The instructions that come with the controls are rather brief, so you aren't missing anything by not having them.

It's been a while since I've driven (recuperating from a major surgery), and the controls are not in front of me - so I need to look at everything before I'm satisfied that I understand the answer... but here it is to the best of my understanding...

put the fixed side of the chain on the same side of the brake as the driver's door. Loop the safety chain on TOP of the brake pedal lever or brake pedal pad (depends on vehicle). hook free chain end link snugly over brake clamp bolt closest to gas pedal. Put clamp top over chain. Put on star nuts. Tighten - but don't crank to final tightness yet. Check for smooth operation with no hangups. Adjust if necessary. Check clamp tightness as final step. The theory is if the clamp should loosen, the chain holds things in place enough to brake. Like I said, got to check it out before I'm sure I get how it's supposed to keep things in place.
    Foolish

"We have met the enemy and he is us."-POGO.

"I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it."~Edgar Allan Poe

"Dream big, you might never wake up!"- Snoop Dogg