Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Debbie

I'm sorry I only saw this now. Kendell, it sounds like you were exceptionally lucky to have loved someone as incredible as Debbie. And I'm sure Debbie felt the same way. I think you are so strong for staying by her side during this rough time. It can't be easy to see your loved one struggle, but I hope you can find peace now. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Melissa,
    I've been away from CC for quite some time dealing with my own health issues...I just saw you refer to Debbie in past tense in another post so I searched out to see when she had passed. I'm VERY SORRY I wasn't around when she passed away to pass on my condolences. Just yesterday I was looking at my pictures from when I was in Ohio & we met up for dinner. It was such a pleasure meeting both of you. If you would like, I can send you the couple of pictures I have(it's only 1 or 2) from that evening. I hope you are doing well these days.
    'Chelle
    L-1 inc 11/24/03

"My Give-a-Damn's Busted"......

How did I miss this thread? I had no idea until I saw the other thread too but was afraid to ask. I am so sorry Melissa.
    T12-L2; Burst fracture L1: Incomplete walking with AFO's and cane since 1989

My goal in life is to be as good of a person my dog already thinks I am. ~Author Unknown

A year later, Christmas Eve, and it seems time to get back to this thread.

Shelley, if you still check in here and see this, I"m so sorry about Sean's passing. I know it's been awhile, and though I do not believe time heals all wounds, I would say it does make it easier to learn to cope with a huge loss. I hope you're doing well.

Michelle, while packing I ran into a couple pics from that dinner. We enjoyed meeting you as well. I wish Debbie had felt better that evening. She was trying, but not up to snuff. I'm sorry you've had health issues and I hope you're doing better by now.

Smkymtn Memories - yeah, it was rough. I'd go through cancer surgery and chemo repeatedly the rest of my life rather than what i went through losing Debbie any time. Still hurts. Always will hurt. And despite that I will agree that "tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all". Simply amazing and precious what that woman gave to me.

Kiran- thank you. There's a Janis Joplin line "Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose". It's apt. My peace of mind comes in hoping that Debbie now has peace of body.

Leschinsky. Sofla, Daisy and Addiesue - thank you for the kind words - very much appreciated.

Ami- you know how I feel. Thank you, my friend.

Perhaps I shouldn't have revisited this thread so long after the fact, but holidays are still tough times and I'm struggling tonight with missing Debbie. Having to pack and move the last couple weeks have kept me thankfully busy but not so tonight. It is better than last year - last year I cancelled Christmas in my little word - but still a big hole in my heart that no holiday festivities can fill. So here I am.

Thinking about Betheny tonight as well, and my heart goes out to her on what must be an incredibly difficult evening for her, and for all those who either cannot find joy anywhere tonight, or who may be able to smile by now but with a pang in their heart as well missing someone dear. For me, Christmas is about love, not just for our families and friends,but for our fellow man. Merry Christmas, everyone.
    Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
    - Albert Einstein

Thinking of you. Thanks for the "Merry Christmas" wishes. Right back at you.

Kendall, you're always welcome here.

Merry Christmas to you, too, Kendall. Your words about time, loss and love are exquisite and resonant. May the new year bring you comfort, and even joy.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose View Post
    Thinking of you. Thanks for the "Merry Christmas" wishes. Right back at you.

Kendall, you're always welcome here.
    La Mem - Back atcha on the hug as well - I've missed you

Hope that Drum Circle worked out well if it's happened already, and that life has been going well for you. Thanks for the permanent welcome
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Bonnette View Post
    Merry Christmas to you, too, Kendall. Your words about time, loss and love are exquisite and resonant. May the new year bring you comfort, and even joy.

Thank you so much, Bonnette. I am finding my way, and I do hope the new year is kind to you as well. Take care.
    - Albert Einstein

Merry Xmas kendell !

merry Christmas Kendell, Debbie wouldn't want you to be sad.